Dell's Gone Nuts for the XT!

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Mynd Ara, Oct 11, 2007.

1. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

ULV stands for ultra-low voltage (0.75-0.925V) and means the tablet is running on a flavour of C2D that uses less voltage than the LV (low-voltage, 0.9-1.2V), which in turn uses less than the regular C2D flavours (1.04-3V). ULV is, no doubt, slower than a regular C2D, but how much slower this translates to in real life will depend on many other factors (RAM, hard disk) as well. It would not affect your system much under general usage, only under CPU-intensive tasks.

2. floatingpi

floatingpi Pen Pal - Newbie

Yea it will be slower, also have to look at the HD which will be 4200 rpm. Unless you have the cash to go SSD. However, as many people on this site will say it all depends on what you use it for. Even that one guy says that 1.2 is a work horse does great for one or two tasks. I looked at that OQO q2 that guy talked so highly about even saw a you tube video of someone playing wow on it.

Me, I don't plan on doing photo shop or playing any games. I might watch a movie off of my hard drive. I plan on using it for note taking and as a white board when I am teaching. I like the idea of taking kids out on a field trip to look at mediences out on the plains and taking the tablet along to do GIS marking and show kids the different phases the plant goes through.

So for me I just need a long battery life. A indoor/outdoor screen, and enough hard drive space to put a small slideshow on. Power isn't an issue for me.

3. hothoonie

hothoonie Pen Pal - Newbie

Same goes here. I plan on taking notes, presentations and writing programs. Perhaps few movies here and there while I'm taking a break on the plane. I have my desktop to play games and such. I just need a long battery life. As long as we are on this topic, what is the current best battery lasting Tablet PC? Is it the Fujitsu? The Dell seems to have a good battery life but then again... no one has seen it or reviewd it yet so... I am still hesitant about buying Dell XT. The specs that are out right now, how reliable is this source? For all we know, it could be completely different when it is released and for all the people who have been waiting could be a horrific disapointment.

Is the release date still Oct. 9th? I read on Direct2Dell.com that it was pushed to November!! Here is the website.
    http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2007/05/18/15193.aspx
    The comment is near the end.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. cooljoe10

cooljoe10 Football Star(slotback)

:( i saw it too, it says november 5

i dont see why if in the video they have a prodo type their why it took so long to come out with one in the first place

however that person may have just posted that for no reason

5. floatingpi

Yea, I think the t2010 is a good way to go if dell keeps playing this game. I noticed if you look around at different sites you can get one for not a bad price ~$1600 still with a U7600 processor and a few other goodies. I can't remember the site off hand.

The wait isn't too bad for me as this semester is already started, so it would be annoying to have half of my notes on paper and the other half on the computer. Just as long as I get one before the Spring semester.

6. hothoonie

Can you PM me if you find this site for t2010 for ~$1600? If it is delayed until November, I'm definately buying an X61 or t2010. Your support is very appreciated. =) thank you.
    My quarter(semester) has started as well. However, I have a Toshiba Sattelite laptop that I bought from like 4~5 yrs ago during the Thanks Giving black out sale for $599. Now it's a piece of crap and the fan starts smoking time to time, and the CPU (Intel Celeron)*DO NOT EVER BUY A CELERON* over heats. As soon as it starts over heating, it's freezer time! I unplug the power and I throw it in the freezer. So far, this method has been surprisingly working for me. Moral of the story: I need a laptop ASAP.

7. floatingpi

Just click on the Tablet PC Database you will find a listing for all tablets. When you choose the t2010 model I think it starts at $1498 and goes up. So you have options.

8. hothoonie

It is almost the D-Day! If it does not come out on the 9th then I'm buying a Lenovo X60. There isn't much of a difference between X61 and X60 so I'm sticking to a cheaper one since my budget is low.

9. floatingpi

Its like I am a kid again. I keep checking Dell's site hoping it's there!

10. jerejo

jerejo Pen Pal - Newbie

From a very reliable source I have learned the tablet is to be released Mid October.