Dell XT2 multitouch support in Windows 8

Discussion in 'Dell' started by astroidea, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astroidea

astroidea Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi was anyone here able to get it to work? I installed the multitouch win8 drivers off of ntrig's site and it all looks great in device manager but pc info still indicates single touch. It would be totally riveting if I got this to work. :cool:

2. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

You need the updated firmware first. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if you can install that from within Windows 8.

3. astroidea

Are you talking about the BIOS update? If so, I just tried flashing it to the latest revision, A13. I still don't have multitouch access. :\

4. jhoff80

No, I'm talking about the N-trig digitizer firmware, which is a part of the Windows 7 N-trig digitizer driver.

5. astroidea

What if I revert back to Win7, install the firmware, and then go back to Win8, do you think that would do the trick?

6. jhoff80

I can't guarantee it of course, but it should. I had the same issue with one of the preview versions of Windows 8 and it was fixed by doing that.

7. astroidea

Yay, I bought an esata drive and installed win7 on that, and then the firmware like you said and it worked beautifully! I am super happy with my $300 multitouch win8 tablet with 128gb ssd.

8. Navigare

Navigare Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

any update in this? Do I still need to install W7 first over W8 to get mtouch? I want to upgrade my xt2 with ssd and do W8 clean install (I am on W8 now but no mtouch). Do I really need to install W7 first and then go with W8.

Maybe there are some files I can get from someone's W7 install on xt2 regarding enabling multi touch in W8?

Thank!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.