Dell XPS 13 9365 2-in-1

Discussion in 'Dell' started by kvoram, Jan 3, 2017.

1. blarbles

blarbles Pen Pal - Newbie

kvoram and ATIVQ like this.
  2. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@blarbles Do you still have your 9365 and were you able to use that FW update on the FHD/1080p screen?

3. blarbles

I don't have that 9365, but I do have another 9365 FHD which I just installed it on and it did remove the CABC.

ATIVQ and kvoram like this.
  4. kvoram

Good to see that Dell finally came to their senses.

Btw, is your new 9365 exhibiting the same coil whine when plugged in, that you mentioned before?

5. blarbles

It still has coil whine when plugged in, which sounds like insects trying to scramble around inside (maybe they provide the extra power boost?). It is usually hard to hear when my ear is 12in away and any farther I don't really hear it at all in normal room noise. I'm not sure yet how noticeable it will be in a dead quiet room, but I am rarely in that situation.

locx, ATIVQ and kvoram like this.
  6. kvoram

I guess when Dell was talking about "Dynamic Power Mode" in regard to the 9365 they probably meant something like cricket power. ;)

7. Xer0

Xer0 Pen Pal - Newbie

i still wait for a surface book with thunderbolt 3, but it's like hoping for usb-c on iphones

this dell is probably the best bet after hp dropped stylus on the spectre x360

still... nostril cam™ and no usb-a port bug me hard. we can't have everything, right?

kvoram likes this.
  8. locx

locx Pen Pal - Newbie

In case some of you missed it, here's a nice, a little more in-depth review, where you can see the stylus in action too:

kvoram likes this.
  9. blarbles

I went looking for a case/sleeve for the 9365. My requirements was it should be a snug fit and have a handle.

I bought this case:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D2CNX5W/
    "Belkin Laptop Sleeve for Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Surface 3, Surface Pro 2, Surface Pro, MacBook Air '11, Small Chromebooks and Other 11" Devices (Black)"

It was too long so the 9365 slid around even though people swore it was a great fitting case for the 13in XPS.

I ended up buying this:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016Z3EFL0/
    "ProCase 12 - 12.9 Inch Sleeve Cover Bag for Surface Pro 4 3, Macbook iPad Pro Tablet Ultrabook Carrying Case Handbag"

The 9365 fits well in this. My only complaint is the mediocre color selections and the zipper is designed so when you are holding it by the handle the laptop slides out of the bottom, but since the zipper is on 3 sides I'm ok with it.

10. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

How is drawing & painting (say in Clip Studio and others) with the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1? With Wacom AES in general? Compared to Wacom EMR?

I don't mean how are they technically different. I mean, how are the "feels"?