Dell Venue 8 Pro - Stuck in boot in "safe mode" of windows. Screen doesn't react. Please help.

Discussion in 'Dell' started by coco3de, Dec 8, 2013.

1. coco3de

coco3de Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there,
    I boot windows to "safe mode" and the screen of my tablet doesn't react on touch any more. So I can't login and can't deactivate the safe mode.
    Can some one give me a hind how to exit that lock out ?
    Thanks.
    coco3de

2. bugelrex

bugelrex Scribbler - Standard Member

touch is disabled in safe mode, u need a USB to go cable and a wired keyboard. I dont know if the BIOS can get you out of safe mode

3. PaPi61

PaPi61 Pen Pal - Newbie

1. Press the on/off button for about 15 secs. That will shut down the tablet.
    2. Turn it back on while pressing volume up and you'll get to diagnostic.
    3. If everything's OK with diagnostic, proceed to BIOS and then to recovery mode.
    4. If you can't recover it, you can still reset it to factory settings.

4. coco3de

coco3de Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,Thank for reply!
    I was in Bios and can't get rid of the safe mode or the recovery mode.

How do I start reset to factory setting ?

Thanks
    coco3de

5. PaPi61

PaPi61 Pen Pal - Newbie

When you go into recovery mode, reset is one of the options offered to you. The other is restore to previous settings. But you if haven't enabled that, it's not going to be available to you.

6. moxie

moxie Pen Pal - Newbie

Quick hack: You have to boot up your device with it plugged into the wall outlet.

The real fix. Dell just updated firmware and BIOS very recently.
    Firmware (Nov. 20, 2013): Driver Details | Dell US
    BIOS A04 (Dec. 9, 2013) *note everyone who's posted here posted before this firmware update: Driver Details | Dell US

You see guys, Dell released the Venue 8 Pro knowing they weren't finished with fixing the Connected Standby bug/Audio driver bug/Wifi bug. Really it's the Connected standby that's the issue. They've only just now released the fix, Dec. 9th. Oh well, at least we have it now, but that was pretty ****ty.

7. coco3de

coco3de Pen Pal - Newbie

I got it!
    To reset to factory setting are following steps to go:
    Hold Power-Button 10 seconds to shut off Dell V8P
    Push and hold Power-Button and then push and hold Windows-Button and at the same time
    -- Dell Logo appear.
    Release Power-Button
    Release Windows-Button
    -- It appear on the bottom of the screen: F12/Volume-Up = Boot option. F2/Volume-Down = Setup.
    Push Volume-Up-Button
    -- It appear Boot mode is set to UEFI: Secure boot:ON
    Tap on: Windows Boot Manager
    From there you can choose reset the V8P with completely wipe the hard disk and new installation Windows8. It will take 20-30 minute and your V8P is like new delivered.
    However this step is only appear when your V8P is in secure mode. After I recover my V8P to working state, I never can reconstruct this step again.
    coco3de

8. coco3de

coco3de Pen Pal - Newbie

I got it!
    To reset to factory setting are following steps to go:
    Hold Power-Button 10 seconds to shut off Dell V8P
    Push and hold Power-Button and then push and hold Windows-Button
    -- Dell Logo appear.
    Release Power-Button
    Release Windows-Button
    -- It appear on the bottom of the screen: F12/Volume-Up = Boot option. F2/Volume-Down = Setup.
    Push Volume-Up-Button
    -- It appear Boot mode is set to UEFI: Secure boot:ON
    Tap on: Windows Boot Manager
    From there you can choose reset the V8P with completely wipe the hard disk and new installation Windows8. It will take 20-30 minute and your V8P is like new delivered.
    However this step is only appear when your V8P is in secure mode. After I recover my V8P to working state, I never can reconstruct this step again.
    coco3de

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  9. 2934c37

2934c37 Pen Pal - Newbie

don't do as I have I deleted the recovery partitions a plus to help Yu out of those areas pretty much after using safe mode if u don't have a keyboard/mini USB and did not care to back up the drive as this device has special goverment software and with bitlocker that annoying @ww shi% removed after lengthy trial and error . Along with having to type a damnear 60 digit code everytime I want to use it . The mission just install regular 8.1 with dells ware .....currently waiting for otg mini USB I reccomend deleting UEFI boot option Experience users only if iys not ur thing as like mine Enjoy world

10. Brachak

Brachak Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello I'm Brachak
    Plz hele me. my dell venue 8 pro stock windows 8.1 preparing automatic repair. here video . how to fix it??? plz help... :'(