Dell Venue 8 Pro - Game experiences thread (not just touch enabled games!)

Discussion in 'Dell' started by baconstrip, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diew

Diew Pen Pal - Newbie

2. Haseeb

Haseeb Pen Pal - Newbie

Dolphin emulator TEST , (on Lenovo Miix 2 8 , you'll get the same speed on DV8P)
    Playing Resident Evil Remake with 1280x800 resolution.
    Getting pretty decent speed , 25-26/30 fps . The fps drops in some areas of more zombies but overall the game is fully playable.
    Mario sunshine runs pretty well too , definitely playable!

NOTE : Use Dolphin 3.0 otherwise you won't get any good speed.

PCSX2 emulator TEST :

Shadow of the Colossus , 43-57 fps . Set the resolution to lowest possible for good fps.
    Defeated 6 colossus , barely playable. Enable all speedhacks.

God of war 2 , 52-58 fps , nice speed but slows down at some occasions.

Maximo Ghost to Glory , 60fps , perfect! Fps exceed the limit sometimes too.

Resident Evil Code Veronica , 55-60 fps normally , slows down a bit in large areas.

Hope that helped :)

3. Depptonic

Depptonic Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everyone, I made a separate thread about this but thought it would be relevant to post it here too. Hope it doesn't come across as spam.

Anyway, Wii remotes use bluetooth and can be connected to the Venue 8 Pro quite easily. One benefit of this is it can be used as a wireless controller, and a good one at that.

Here's a video on the topic, playing a small game called X-Moto.

Today I tested the setup with Super Meat Boy (which by the way runs very well on the Venue 8 Pro) and it worked perfectly as well. I'll post a video of that in the future.

If you want to know how to set it up, here's the tutorial thread I posted: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thr...ote-to-the-dell-venue-8-pro-for-gaming.64140/

4. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Amazing to hear--fun time! ;)

5. kuspert

kuspert Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all, reading this thread made me go out and buy a V8P, and having just received it im glad I did!

I've got a few games up and running from my Steam catalogue already, BUT, my main reason for buying one of these devices if I'm honest was to play some C&C Generals on the move. I bought the C&C collection from Origin, and can't get any of them to start!

Is this a problem with the games, or Origin on this device?

6. zalanking

zalanking Pen Pal - Newbie

is anyone played SW tor on this device?

7. vithrell

vithrell Pen Pal - Newbie

protip: when you need single physical key in game (ie. spacebar to pause in FTL or any key to start game after finishing loaging in HoMM5) you can bind "windows key" to space or esc or, really any other key via SharpKeys. it works under win 8.1, remember to relog after adding your bingings to see changes take effect.

8. ElPoep

ElPoep Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Gang,

I have a DVP8 and I paired a PS3 controller to it and on my last plane ride I was watching Planet of the Apes on one half and playing Chess Master off my Snes9x -- the ipad owners to my left and right were looking pretty envious!

I have installed PPSSPP and have gone as far as using UMD gen and PSP ISO compressor to get the files smaller and CANNOT get the device to run any games!

Ghost and Goblins loads and then... NOTHING.

Gran Turismo appears to load... and then nothing.

PPSSPP has TONS of options to configure and I've tried quite a few.

my questions:

Has ANYONE had any luck getting games to run on the Dell Venue Pro 8? I've seen videos on the web and have decided the videos are a prank and the kids with the video are just streaming to the tablet.

If anyone has gotten PPSSPP to run on the Dell Venue pro 8 I'd like to know how and what version and settings your using.

Thank you :vbsmile:

9. jnkstuff

jnkstuff Pen Pal - Newbie

I used to love the PSP back in the day. Was curious about this (never heard about it) . So I downloaded PPSSPP v0.9.9.1 (free version). On the website it does say to update to the newest runtime DLLs .. There is a link on the website. I had to go looking but I did find my Wipeout Pure iso and tried it out. It worked but sound was terrible. And the framerate was not the greatest. I am going to mess around with the settings later. But it does look super sharp on the DV8. So I recommend getting the new runtimes and trying again.

10. ElPoep

ElPoep Pen Pal - Newbie

I appreciate the response.

I'm using 9.8 (free version)-- I grabbed it riiight before t-day 2014.
    I'll check out the website regarding runtime DLLs-- I'm pretty gud about updating drivers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.