Dell Venue 8 Pro 5830 Dual Boot with Android x86 (Instructions and Video Proof)

Discussion in 'Dell' started by lvlrdka22, Feb 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iggy

Iggy Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, Aesopus
    I'm new to this, but really badly want android on my DV8P. It's the 64gb version, if that makes any difference.
    I've tried visiting the page that you linked, but it seems a bit sketchy with all the pop-ups all the time, so I don't really dare to take things from there.

I've tried multiple ways to get android on my tablet.

Versions: Android x86 4.4, 5.1 (32 bit and 64 bit) and both bit versions of remix OS.

I've tried installing internally and on a usb drive.
    Various installers: rufus, android x86 installer, remixOS installer.

The only android version I have gotten to work is the android 4.4 that was designed for the Asus T100: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/android-x86/FUiFCtrgc6I/Fqt8Rg-fpQkJ. For that I think I used rufus and a usb. Some have made is as far as into the OS, but been very slow and with a stretched screen resolution. Most have just made it to the loading screen. 'nomodeset xforcevesa' in grub seems to bring the loading farther, but not to successful boot-up.

Can you help me install android on my DV8P? Preferably on a USB first to check functionality.

2. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

3. venue8prouser

venue8prouser Pen Pal - Newbie

Dell venue 8 pro 32 GB running windows 10, the android x86 installer wont even launch for me, any ideas? UAC/Smart Screen is off, Antivirus is windows defender and thats off. Launches fine on my desktop running windows 10 64 bit but not on my v8pro

Last edited: May 7, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.