Dell Venue 8 Pro 5830 Dual Boot with Android x86 (Instructions and Video Proof)

Discussion in 'Dell' started by lvlrdka22, Feb 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aesopus

Aesopus Pen Pal - Newbie

Woops, thought I mentioned that! You can grab bootia32.efi and just rename it to grub32.efi, since they're functionally the same.
    If that doesn't work, then it's unrelated to what you've mentioned.

2. DevC

DevC Pen Pal - Newbie

Quick question. I see that Remix OS is releasing a Beta build tomorrow. They state that they will have UEFI support when it comes out. Do you think that is going to make it easier or just straight up enable this for this tablet? or do you think we will be running into the same issues?

3. junhawng

junhawng Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys, I wanted to try this in the Live USB first, so I flashed the latest 5.1 image for x86 with Rufus. But no matter what I did ( changing boot orders etc.) I couldn't get it to boot. I downgraded to the A03 Bios. So I ticked off Secure boot, and now it just goes into bitlocker. I can enable it again and I would guess that it will probably start working again... Has anyone done the live usb method? Thank you!

4. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

RemixOS (Alpha) was already released with a 64Bit and later with a 32Bit UEFI version.
    Both didn't even boot on the DV8P because there is a problem in the normal Android.X86 with the Z3740D and the combination of 64Bit processor and 32bit UEFI.
    All other Atoms are working.
    But especially on the Atom tablets, most don't have working Wífi in Android.X86 and that is also a problem.

5. DevC

DevC Pen Pal - Newbie

I apologize for advance for my lack of knowledge. Is there possibly anything in this most recent update that might increase compatibility?

6. junhawng

I have now installed both Marshmallow and the 4.4 available in the google drive link provided (with the System Tar.gz files) I got the GRUB.cfg configured with the UUID, and after I select Android x86. The console says 'found android_x86' and continues into a black screen. Both versions of android do the same thing to me. Is this a common problem? Did I do something wrong? Any replies would be greatly appreciated. thank you!

7. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Nope, it even is worst.
    Before my Thinkpad 8 bootet RemixOS but had no Wifi.
    Now it doesn't even boot.
    And there is no change for the DV8P,

8. Aesopus

Aesopus Pen Pal - Newbie

Now, I don't remember the specifics, but the Android_x86 console reported something along the lines of "detected PARTITION_NAME" which in my case was mmcblk0p2 (I think)? Does it do that for you, or no?

9. junhawng

[​IMG] This is the result I am currently getting downgraded to A03 bios from a12

10. Aesopus

Aesopus Pen Pal - Newbie

So it's definitely related to how the drive's been formatted.
    If you're able to get TeamViewer loaded on it, I can look around from there and help.

Also, try what this user says:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=44968393&postcount=79

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.