Dell Venue 8 and 11 Pro

Discussion in 'Dell' started by excalibur1814, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Nah, I've been tethering to my unlimited data plan for years, so WiFi was enough for me. I guess that LTE antena must just be having issues.

2. landofvanilla

landofvanilla Pen Pal - Newbie

My sales rep should have escalated the issue again today. It is indeed a config error again. Your order will have to be re entered... but obviously no use until the website is fixed. My patience is running very thin.

3. dalupus

dalupus Pen Pal - Newbie

My order was just delayed till April 4th.
    Is there any way to tell if mine is a config issue or something else?
    What exactly is the config error?

4. landofvanilla

it is def the config error. some parts numbers are mismatching. have been told several times that the ms office and OS are not aligning. there is no way to modify... only to cancel and re order which, again, is pointless. still waiting on my rep to provide an investigation update.

5. dalupus

dalupus Pen Pal - Newbie

such a pain since they already sent me the keyboard and pen which are worthless without the machine.

What are dell's policies on returning the peripherals when they cancel your order for the actual machine? I am guess I will be outside of the 21 day return window by the time they finally cancel the order if that happens.

6. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Best thing to do is just call and ask. Ask for a manager though, as they'll be able to work something out like extend your return window for the keyboard and stylus.

That's what I did. I received my mobile keyboard the week after ordering it (mid Feb) but didn't get my tablet until the beginning of last week. I spoke to my CSR's manager and he was able to extend my return period for the keyboard until 2 weeks after my tablet shipped - that basically gave me 1 week to try it out.

7. dalupus

dalupus Pen Pal - Newbie

well my order for the 5130 LTE version just turned up canceled. I give up. I'll wait till the new versions come out in the fall.

8. Gen3Eng

Gen3Eng Pen Pal - Newbie

I just received my Venue 11 (i3 w/ AT&T LTE card). Other than it arriving with no cover for the SD slot (Dell support has promised to ship me a replacement part), it is working well so far.

It took about two weeks to receive after placing the order. It was originally scheduled for April 4 delivery (3 weeks after order), but I received it about a week early.

9. landofvanilla

Rep hasn't updated me in > 1 week. Order from 3/21 cancelled yesterday on me. Order from 3/25 still preprod, est 4/9, would bet my house it gets cancelled too.

I give up also.

I'm going to wait for the new Acer W5 (press conference on 4/29) as my laptop, and pair it with the first 8" 8.1 tablet that gets LTE.

10. Damreal

Damreal Pen Pal - Newbie

Dell US and Dell Canada both denied the existence of the sim card slot than a tech literally came out and said it's there but doesn't function. So I said ok so does that mean it will with an update software or is this a hardware issue. She said no the internals are there they just don't work lol So I don't know what to think to be honest! Pretty peeved if I can't activate GPS on this tablet which auto options in Windows 8/8. when data is available. Surface 2 through AT&T and on the Microsoft store has an LTE option and I got a rep to confirm on Facebook in the wild that it is unlocked out that gate and any sim will work o need to unlock -hoping the same applys for this beast of a system. For me GPS is useful when traveling in the car and I can dash mount the tablet and use it as such. Pretty sad to date ( and they had 2 options even though 1 option wasn't nessary to obtain real on-board GPS ) was the ASUS Vivotab RT ! That had built in GPS and regardless of the wifi model or Date Model and you never even needed to be connected to Wifi or Data GPS worked out the BOX when the setting is turned on in Win RT. I loved that. To bad Microsoft and a lot of this companies won't catch a clue and follow suit ! Something Google has accepted and taken advantage of and made millions on even their lowest end tablets have GPS built into Android which boils my blood when pay and arm and a leg for Win tablets and not getting this merger cost yet useful option !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.