Dell Venue 8 and 11 Pro

Discussion in 'Dell' started by excalibur1814, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenIsLegend

BenIsLegend Pen Pal - Newbie

That really sucks :/

I've only been delayed once but was only informed by e-mail at the last minute, no courtesy call or anything.

Hope your problems get sorted soon.

2. dunkyduncs

dunkyduncs Pen Pal - Newbie

I just spoke to our account manager.. he says the engineering halt is over and they are shipping...

crashsuit likes this.
  3. shinkamui

shinkamui Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone been successful in getting pressure sensitivity on either the 11 or 8 in GIMP? I tried the --use-wintab option with 2.8, and no go, still no additional input devices to pull pressure from. Any advice?

4. sinned

sinned Pen Pal - Newbie

Comments like this take the cake. Dell has had a successful track record with tablets and tablet computers starting with XP and the original XT, since like 2003/4?

Just because you wern't paying attention all this time does not justify your attitude or negativity.

We get it: you bought something, it did not work as advertised or in the manner that is the industry standard. Constantly complaining about does not help the situation.

You had your choice, made your decision, bought the product. You had the time to decide to return it. You didn't.

You could have chosen to buy a competitors device with a 'better' pen but price seemed too win out over reliability and risked the uncertainty of untested technology. You got burned. if money were no object, would you have bought a Surface or Lenovo or Samsung?

NO device is perfect. No product will ever do everything 100%. Accept the reality, or pay accordingly and accept a little bit more.

We all put up with shortcomings and accept the limitations of our choices in product offerings. Learn from those of us who walked the path before you taking chances on new technology.

For as many sub par device experiences that you 'know' of, there are multitudes of satisfied owners.

Deal with it. Quit your winning. Stop bashing the manufacturers because you make the rest of look bad. They read the forums. You know they do.

sinned

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    pappyxmas likes this.
  5. landofvanilla

landofvanilla Pen Pal - Newbie

Excuse me, but did you even read my post? When did I complain about device quality? This is pure customer service - order cancellation without notification is unacceptable. Still taking orders for which you will end up cancelling later is bad practice.

I do have a choice and having my money/time tied up is not letting me exercise it elsewhere.

If this were about the device, I would just not buy it and you wouldn't hear a peep from me. I wouldn't buy a Toyota to complain it's not a Ferrari. People should exercise their freedom of speech with their wallets. But that's not what I'm talking about. I work in setting up customer service centers, service management, and QA. Complaining DOES help that situation, believe it or not. It's how things get fixed.

For what it's worth, even though my first V11P had to be returned for a defect, I still loved it and think they did a great job making it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  6. LucionGid

LucionGid Pen Pal - Newbie

I always thought that a 10" Bay trail tablet would be the sweetspot to me, so I took a look at the Dell V11 Pro, at first its specs really blew me away: Baytrail with great, super bright IPS screen (99% sRGB covered) and USB 3.0, digitizer, removable battery. But after some investigations i was disappointed to find out that:

1. Its screen get scratched easily (not sure though, that was a youtube comment)
    2. Its pen sucks: really a deal-breaker for me, with me the active stylus is a must for taking note, drawing on some simulation software, easy-navigation, etc... (heard that Dell is working on a new pen)

Amazon, MS Store, ebay, Dell etc... don't ship to my country so I had to use a 3rd-party service to buy from Amazon (no services support the MS-store & Dell) so the price raised up a little, 'bout~ 10% for the V11P, and I wondered what i could do if they send me a faulty unit cuz with me ~600$ isn't a small budget. And the pen doesn't included with the tablet but rather be sold seperately ONLY on Dell's website, which mean no pen for me, so sad :(

Guess that I gonna saving my money and better off with the pricey, worse screen, non-removable battery Surface Pro 2. Sure it's overpriced, but you got what you paid for, a great stylus, more horse power (less battery life of course). Basically I only intended to use the tablet to surf the web, watch hi10p full HD movie, do some office, and some lighter work so the V11P was just perfect. But now i'm gonna have to do more seriously business with the SFP2 (which I should've done on my laptop) like some heavy simulations. I think that purchasing the SFP2 is a waste especially with my budget cuz i don't need that much horse power.

Just my 2 cents

PS: Did anyone try matlab, proteus, altium, Visual studio on V11P? Just to test the z3770's power though

7. landofvanilla

landofvanilla Pen Pal - Newbie

Order cancelled on me again - Engineering halt. Anybody order in the last 3 weeks able to get anything?

8. BenIsLegend

BenIsLegend Pen Pal - Newbie

I've only seen one person say the engineering halt is over so I'm not sure if it isn't or isn't.

9. Lanurd

Lanurd Pen Pal - Newbie

My 7130 i5vpro 8GB/256GB was received Jan 3rd and bricked on Jan 18th. Service called on Jan 21st. Last contacted by Dell on Feb 19th, told "engineering hold" and do I want a different model. If I wanted something else I would have ordered it. Waiting for return documents for the entire system.

1. TPM issue - Tablet is now useless.
    2. Tablet power cable not working.
    3. Tablet battery drain.
    4. Tablet ghost touch screen clicks.
    5. Tablet intermittent freezing.
    6. Dock power connection.
    7. Dock NOT gigabit.
    8. Stylus intermittent outages.
    9. Stylus battery life.
    10. Slim Keyboard intermittent connection.

Don't get me wrong, I loved this tablet and could and did work around all these problems except # 1. I also bought $300 worth of USB 3.0 accessories and sold my older Viewsonic Viewpad 10pro tablet.

I will wait for a few months before I reorder the anxiously awaited re-engineered version 2 of the best computer I ever had in my wee dinosaur hands.

Michael Dell, please read this posting...

10. rushmore69

rushmore69 Scribbler - Standard Member

Not having those problems with the 5130 and do not use a stylus. I also have a Note 2014 and do not use the stylus much for it.

Seems we are a nM generation away from chipsets being viable for this size device. Sans Baytrail types which are doing well in this form factor.