Dell Venue 8 and 11 Pro

Discussion in 'Dell' started by excalibur1814, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dunkyduncs

dunkyduncs Pen Pal - Newbie

Dell South Africa have also said that there is an engineering hold on all Dell Venue 11 tablets. They expect it to be resolved in the first 2 weeks of feb.

2. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Great, so current owners could have ticking time bombs in our hands. :)

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

3. Lanurd

Lanurd Pen Pal - Newbie

I believe it is due to a catch 22 situation where you need to access the BIOS on start-up but there is no way to enter the BIOS at this stage because the USB port has not been opened for data . It has the terminal effect of turning the 7130 vpro and possibly other models into a "brick". I am expecting a resolution to this soon.

4. BenIsLegend

BenIsLegend Pen Pal - Newbie

So I ordered the i3 version of the Venue 11 Pro on the 19th of Jan and delivery is estimated to be on the 12th of Feb however the device is still in pre-production.

Any idea whether it will still make it here for then or it should have begun production by now?

I'm now worried that my tablet will be delayed due to the problems listed above and the stopping of production.

5. Lanurd

Lanurd Pen Pal - Newbie

The demand has been very high since their release. My very early order was delayed over a month. With the problems that came up I would expect delays to continue.

However, I will wait it out. My i5 vpro 8GB/256GB 1080p is the finest computer I've laid my hands on in 50 years of computers. Yes, I'm an old dinosaur.

6. TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS

TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS Scribbler - Standard Member

I saw the Dell Venue 8 and 11 Pro in the microsoftstore today & was impressed by the screens especially the FHD V11Pro .

I have a BestBuy Split x2ultrabook bought on Black Friday sale for $650 + tax that I'm considering giving to my dad & ordered an upgraded model at HP for <$825+tax with coupons with FHD & dual band Wi-Fi (I really wanted to upgrade to 8GB RAM as I have to do manual memory management but it wasn't available in US mainly Europe it seems in Spectre x2 which is the same tablet in a different color with a smaller battery dock). I got these because I enjoyed the build quality of my HP Envy x2 last year but wanted more fanless silent power & these seemed built as a real x2 hybrid & not just a tablet with dock as an add on or afterthought. I have 2 more days to evaluate this upgraded HP Split x2 before return window expires & disappointed by a sparkle-haze effect that does not produce the cleanest whites. Dell V11Pro has a much nicer screen beyond the Pixel Density Calculator (PPI Calculator) with pure whites & no haze effect seen on FHD HP x2 screens. These HP units do have solid build quality-battery life & impressive speakers however with more of a washed out rather than pleasingly impressive displays while the Dell screen really is more of a joy to look at. I got good deals on these HPs but want to hear from owners about whether I should waste my energy lusting after the better-cleaner-purer displays on the Dell Venue 11 Pro? (I acknowledge it's a first world problem..:rolleyes: but these are investments afterall)

I notice that Dell advertises up tp 8 GB RAM at New Dell Venue 11 Pro HD Windows Tablet | Dell & saw Dell Venue 11 Pro Core i5-4300Y 1.6GHz 8GB 256GB SSD 802.11n BT NFC 2xWC 10.8" FHD MT W8.1-64 listed at $1,249.00 sans the $160 dock so we're talking over $1500 with tax..worth it?

I appreciate the user replaceable battery (which is something I looked for originally but wasn't available when I bought the HP Envy x2) but I wonder if the battery will really start to significantly fail before I'd want to replace the pc even at the high end config in 3 yrs or pass off to family who would use it much less..? Tablet dock good? Bugs..? will the stylus become available & something enjoyable to use?:hi2::cool:

Appreciate your thoughts..:cool::thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. ChrisM

ChrisM Pen Pal - Newbie

My stylus will arrive probably tomorrow. It switched to "shipped" on Saturday. I hope, it will be the new one.

crashsuit likes this.
  8. TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS

TABLETBOOKPC_HYBRIDS Scribbler - Standard Member

Please let us know how the new stylus works..do you have the atom or iCPU DV11Pro?

I'm hearing that only the atom model is fanless, is thinner & less buggy with the same beautiful display (but obviously less powerful so more of a secondary PC tablet with full pc functionality but not the same performance in terms of CPU speed & multitasking with 2GB RAM). The user reviews for the atom seem more satisfied with value proposition of it's price point with less bugs? :hi2:: Amazon.com: dell venue 11 pro

I'm checking out this YouTube channel now https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLCfvl6nYLG6bW5lkzYBkgQ?feature=watch Ex:

[video=youtube;Lqn5LqzSMCc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqn5LqzSMCc[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
    Lanurd likes this.
  9. BenIsLegend

BenIsLegend Pen Pal - Newbie

Tablet is due to get here within 7 days but my order still says pre-production on the tracker. Anyone have any idea how long production takes including device testing etc.?

I have a bad feeling that my Venue 11 Pro is going to be delayed but I will be very dissappointed in Dell if they wait till the last minute to tell me or delivery date passes with no update.

10. Lanurd

Lanurd Pen Pal - Newbie

Patience is a virtue, Some of us are anxiously awaiting replacements for the "Best tablet ever". I doubt any will be shipped until A09 BIOS is loaded and production resumes. But take it from me, YOU will be pleased when you do receive it. I did get a courtesy call from Dell Service regarding the delay.