Dell Venue 8 and 11 Pro

Discussion in 'Dell' started by excalibur1814, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brian1

brian1 Scribbler - Standard Member

The 7130 units have accessible WWAN/WLAN/SSD.

crashsuit likes this.
  2. Trancebear

Trancebear Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been saying this for awhile.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note III using Tapatalk HD

3. Trancebear

4. cmergel

cmergel DBA by trade.

Was able to get my hands on a Venue 11 through our companies try before you buy program with Dell.
    Received it yesterday and finally got a chance today to play with it today.

i5/8Gb/256GB with Dock, keyboard and Stylus (A00 Oct2013).
    Impressed so far. Battery in the Keyboard... SUPER NICE!!!!

Plan on taking it home tonight to dink with it more and test out our VPN.
    The keyboard was what was a huge missing part to the Latitude 10 in my opinion.

I also own the Venue 8 Pro as a personal device and with the latest firmware update the pen is more tolerable. I will be testing that out tonight on the V11P.

crashsuit likes this.
  5. Nilav

Nilav Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I am very interested by the V11P with i5 4300Y but I don't find any good gaming reviews or benchmarks. I want to play at Civ5, XCOM (Steam version) or else but impossible to see performance according to graphic options (low, medium, full, without or with or without antialising...) for the V11P i5 4300Y (or 4210Y). Have you got any links or experiences to share ? :)

Many thanks,

6. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Pen Pal - Newbie

Received my Venue 11 Pro (i5, 4GB 128SDD) 3 days ago and no real problems. This forum was very helpful to address issues and following the recommendations were very helpful. For that I thank everyone for posting their experiences.

I have a problem I was not able to figure out yet. MY screen freezes every time when I try to create the Install Media using the Dell app. Only a full shut down / restart helps to get it responsive again. Does anyone else has the same problem?

I also wanted to mention that Dell has the Stylus pen available just not listed on their web site. They are available if you call or chat with them.
    Only for the normal price of $34.99 which is a little much and I will wait until on sale again.

Also does anyone have any suggestion for a protective case for the Venue 11 Pro?
    I was searching everywhere and it appears that nothing is out yet. Don't like the ones Dell offers. Was also checking to the ones for MS Surface Pro because of the similar size but to no avail because of these .2" difference.

7. Trancebear

I have the i3-4-128 and the only game I play is all the unreal tournament series and it plays it with every option maxed out. I know it's outdated but it looks amazing

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note III using Tapatalk HD

8. rabidjesus

rabidjesus Pen Pal - Newbie

How'd you like the samsung 700? I have a note 3 and its amazing so im confident ib samsung. What would you say is the best tablet out of all the ones you tried? I'm stil not sure if I want to keep the venue. I'm stuck between a tablet or a laptop and what brand is the best. I don't own a computer so the Dell with the dock is my all in one. Maybe there's something out there better I missed? I haven't been following new tablets/laptops and what's best for a whule.

Can anyone confirm if the wwan and the wlan are fully connected or just USB connected. I'd like to rig up an egpu when I'm home to play games like planetside 2 and others.

Oh and any confirmation on whether the memory is upgradeable or not?

9. critical_

critical_ Pen Pal - Newbie

I got my 7130 i5/8gb/256gb more than a week ago. Lots of problems. The funnest one is hundreds of phantom taps and swipes all over the screen for 1-2 minutes after waking from sleep or a cold/warm boot. I was able to capture this on video because it was happening so regularly. Dell is sending me a new tablet. Beyond that, I had a strange Bluetooth mouse disconnect issue (solved by disabling power management on the Bluetooth adapter). The other issue is the tablet will randomly freeze for 5-30 seconds during usage (like a hiccup). Hopefully the new one will not have these issues.

10. jyan_osu

jyan_osu Scribbler - Standard Member

You know I had those phantom taps and swipes on mine for the first week occasionally and I haven't seen it in a while. I also have the 7130 with 8GB/256GB and for me with what maybe the install of new Intel video drivers and rapid storage drivers, it hasn't reared its ugly head again. The random freezes are down to what I consider a minimum where it comes back to me every once in a long while to say.. hey look I'm still kinda here sorta.. for a second or two.. I can understand it doing this if it's doing some weird process that spikes my processor to 100%. Again my main computer with an i7-4770K and a GeForce GTX 780 does that sometimes too and these tablets are almost like desktop computers since it's running full windows.

crashsuit likes this.