Dell venue 11 users... any of you pick up the offical (case) back protector?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by plasticslug, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plasticslug

plasticslug Pen Pal - Newbie

Stocking up on accessories today.. and was wondering if the official (case) back protector was worth the purchase.

1. Does it add weight or make the tablet seem more bulky? (shame they couldnt put a kickstand on it)
    2. does it seem like it would actually protect the device in a fall? I care little about scratches to the back of the tablet?

Cant link directly to the product. - http://i.imgur.com/yo1tfN9.png

Also here are the products I picked up.
    Sleeve - Amazon.com: Esme Porter Polyester Sleeve (Black) for Microsoft Surface with Windows RT & Windows 8 Pro: Computers & Accessories

Kickstand - Amazon.com: Arkon Portable Fold-Up Stand for Apple iPad, Galaxy Tab, Kindle Fire, Toshiba, Acer, ASUS, Nook and Other Tablets (IPM-TAB1): Computers & Accessories

Screen protector - Amazon.com: iLLumiShield - Dell Venue 11 Pro Crystal Clear Screen Protectors with Anti-Bubble/Anti-Fingerprint - 2-Pack + Lifetime Replacements: Computers & Accessories

2. jkq

jkq Pen Pal - Newbie

1. Yes, there will be some extra weight, but it is tolerable for me. Mine (Baytrail) weighs about 2 lbs with it, IIRC. My last tablet weighed about the same with its case. It is slightly thicker as well, but the case is very form-fitting.
    2. Not sure. It is kind of like a TPU-style phone case, but not flexible. I do not know if the rigidity would help or hurt in a fall.

-jkq

3. HarvMan

HarvMan Pen Pal - Newbie

4. Trancebear

Trancebear Pen Pal - Newbie

I really like mine. I have an extra one for the baytrail model. They replaced mine with a core model

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note III using Tapatalk HD

5. mluihn

mluihn Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same case for my Dell venue 11, I like the way it fits but it's kind of (dry, soft) slippery holding it. It's not like a gel case that you have a good grip that does not slip or slide out of hand. Is there something that you can put on the case that make it grip better in your hands. I wish they had more cases to choose from, maybe soon.

6. biogon

biogon Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I picked up the black polycarbonate cover.

It feels just like the black Speck case I had on my old Macbook Pro. It kept that workhorse in pristine condition for years, so I have a good feeling about it now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.