Dell Venue 11 Pro: Using stylus with the screen protector.

Discussion in 'Dell' started by MsAriii, Mar 20, 2014.

1. MsAriii

MsAriii Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Everyone,

I currently have the Illumishield screen protector on my Dell Venue 11 Pro. I have to agree with some people that it screws up the sensitivity, specially when using the virtual keyboard, I press S and 5 S's show up. I have no problem with that since I mainly use the keyboard dock. But it does get irritating when I'm only using the tablet.

I recently purchased the Stylus from Dell. I was surprised that I got it within a week. The first time I used it, I was completely annoyed by it. I previously owned a Lenovo x61, I still do actually. I've had it for 6 years and it still works like a charm! Using the stylus on that tablet still beats using the stylus on the Dell.

But after playing with it for the past few days, I finally got the hang of it, and it's not that bad. I have no problem writing in cursive, and that's mainly why the stylus works for me. If you write in print, then the stylus might annoy you. My opinion is that writing in cursive means the stylus is constantly on the screen, so it prevents it from skipping, and you'll have a smoother experience. I mainly use OneNote. I zoom in on the page, therefore the letters are bigger and my writing is bigger and more legible when I zoom out to normal view.

Bottom line, I've had no issues using the stylus with the illumishield screen protector. For those who want to use this for class to take notes using the stylus, good luck. Writing on paper will be faster and more legible. It's not the greatest thing to use.

The most annoying thing about using the stylus is that I'm constantly hitting the soft windows key. I tried to find something online to turn that bloody thing off, but no luck. So I just rotate the tablet 180. But it does feel weird when my hand lands on the camera where it's hot.

2. macmelilla

macmelilla Pen Pal - Newbie

To me, repeating keys bug has shown before and after putting a screen protector on my dell venue 11 pro tablet.

Did you see this problem before you put a screen protector on your tablet?

3. MsAriii

MsAriii Pen Pal - Newbie

I did, but it happens more with the screen protector on.

4. Xer0

Xer0 Pen Pal - Newbie

5. laos101

laos101 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ultimately you're going to get marks on the screen protector unless it's a plastic or glass based protector.

Anyone have any luck finding glass screen protectors for the V11P?

6. Xer0

Xer0 Pen Pal - Newbie

just tried the protector mentioned above and could not get it right. even though a good cleaned screen, the protector itself draws dust from the air, enclosed even a hair, and did not fit on the last corner

i think about selling the device as the screen wouldn't survive a year without getting scratches

7. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have had my DV8P for 9 months now, use it many hours each day, typically use it with my fingers but sometimes also with a stylus (a capacitive stylus or the Dell active stylus), and as far as I am aware, the tablet screen does not have any scratches.

;)

8. Chrischi1988

Chrischi1988 Scribbler - Standard Member

I really dont get why people want these mate screen protectors, instead of the clear ones. The mate ones take so much beauty away from the screen. The Venue 11 Pro has a pretty nice, clear and sharp screen and the mate protector takes it completely away...

And I think, the new stylus is much better, not perfect, but way better than the A02. That you used a stylus for 6 years and you are used to it now, is no surprise, that you like it more than the new stylus, as you have to get used to it first.

I cannot confirm, that writing on paper is faster or better. It all has its pros and cons. I like to be able to erase everything, annotate pdfs and put everything in the right order and having no folders to carry around. And of course that it is nice to use many colours for your notes, so it is easier to remember everything. On paper, you cannot erase, you can use different colours, but have to change the pen each time you do so, instead of a tiny click on a colour. At the end of the day, it is up to personal preferences.