Dell venue 11 Pro i5 overclockED !

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Martin Demin, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Scale

Scale Pen Pal - Newbie

Unless you did it wrong and changed a different setting this should never mess video display. The only that could happen is that your system got so hot it caused damage.
    But it should still turn off at 90 degrees i think.

2. JCL

JCL Pen Pal - Newbie

exactly. I'm wondering if the temps were increased due to the mod. I didn't do any fan mods.

3. Scale

Scale Pen Pal - Newbie

It still has a thermal limit where your tablet just power off so it doesn't become to hot.
    There a just allot of unable venue 11's out there, i guess that's why they replaced it with a new range of venue tablets.

4. jhax01

jhax01 Pen Pal - Newbie

@JCL - 100C is thermal shutdown design spec for the chip and if you applied the changes as written, then your new thermal throttling temp should be set to 84C. That being said, not all chips are created equal and it may be that yours in particular isn't able to tolerate the increase over the original 6W SDP.

@all - if you want to squeeze out some extra performance, I replaced the aluminum shield over the CPU with a copper plate and bonded it to the heatsink and heatpipe with thermal adhesive. I drilled some holes where the heatsink screws are so the entire assembly can be removed if needed. At 11.5W TDP, CPU temps stay in the 70s, and at 12.5W, CPU temps stay around 80-81C with no thermal throttling under max load.

Attached Files:

5. Scale

Scale Pen Pal - Newbie

Still works with the new A15 bios.

6. jp7152

jp7152 Pen Pal - Newbie

After sleep and wake the bar edit settings are back as they were? Can you please advise? Thanks

7. Scale

Scale Pen Pal - Newbie

Is your device charging? Did you disable connected standby?

8. jp7152

jp7152 Pen Pal - Newbie

Opps forgot to disable connected standby. Thank you. It's working now

I was considering removing the mesh by the fans to reduce temperate, do you have to take the tablet apart to do so? thanks again.

9. Scale

Scale Pen Pal - Newbie

Can't help you there, haven't done any modding to the fans or the body for that matter.

10. rackovanz

rackovanz Pen Pal - Newbie

I just did the mods listed using Intel XTU, my settings stay at 12w according to the XTU. Even if I plug in, reboot, or use the keyboard/battery. It seems to stick with out having to do the sleep standby stuff. Is that normal or am I missing something?