Dell venue 11 Pro i5 overclockED !

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Martin Demin, Jan 2, 2015.

1. rundll32

rundll32 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the latest bios and windows 10.. ive noticed with windows 10 though is i have to regularly do the bar edit... might be because i need to reinstall bar edit so it works properly as i didnt after the win10 upgrade

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

2. GearsPowered

GearsPowered Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there a reason why you're using the bar edit? The other unthrottle method mentioned a few pages back is far easier.

3. rundll32

I never got throttle stop to work at all for me

4. rundll32

Plus bat edit should make the edit everytime windows starts by its self.. i really need to reinstall it so it works properly

5. rundll32

By the way i tried to make a how to vid this morning for people still having issues with this. But i thought i could capture video via my hdmi " in" port on my alienware but the port and screen seem independent to the laptop. As in ive got the venue11s image on my laptop screen ok but the capture software only captures my laptops desktop running in the background not the hdmi feed from the tablet

6. Darrecky

Darrecky Pen Pal - Newbie

Please make a vid, maybe simply I miss something? Also Throtthlestop is now expired, can't find newer version

rundll32 likes this.
  7. Kacey

Kacey Pen Pal - Newbie

I have everything working well, no issues with setting the power up to whatever I want/need.
    I built a modified cooling system, at max load the CPU rarely ever hits over 54C, usually idles between 38-43C, and the fan pretty much never kicks in, even when pushed up to 12W using XTU, cooling is no issue at all.

I'm using a dock for power, it's reading 43W in BIOS (I believe that's how much), yet I get battery drain after a while at any CPU value over 8.5W. It's seemingly a random amount of time before the battery starts to drain, but it goes down to usually 95% or 92% and then charges back to full (and locks to 6W while charging), at which point I have to redo the sleep trick again once it's back at 100%. I can't seem to find any info on the power draining issue, does anyone perhaps have some insight on this? There's way more power avaliable from the power source than the CPU is using, yet it still drains the battery.

I'm not positive what dell venue this is exactly (other than a 11 pro/713X), as I replaced the mainboard on it with a WXTR6. i5-4300Y, 8GB RAM. Previously I had the i5-4210Y version with 4GB RAM (11 pro 7130) and it had the exact same issue, so there seems to be no real difference between the boards with this issue I'm experiencing, it affects them both.

8. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member

9. NTMBK

NTMBK Pen Pal - Newbie

There seems to be an awful lot of conflicting advice in this thread, and a lot that applies to older BIOS! I'm a bit lost frankly. Could someone point me towards an explanation of the best way to unlock the package TDP on an i5-4300Y Venue 11 7130 vPro, using BIOS A16?

10. fotis

fotis Pen Pal - Newbie

just do what I did. I have the same tablet and bios. Just do the switches with the tool for the bios and then you just run the intel's tool to set the speed. Then just put it on standby and thats it..