Dell venue 11 Pro i5 overclockED !

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Martin Demin, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Ieronim

Ieronim Pen Pal - Newbie

It's not that easy. You have to remove the mid frame to get to it. Search YouTube for a teardown video.

2. GearsPowered

GearsPowered Pen Pal - Newbie

Well that sucks.
    Should I contact dell for a replacement battery or just find one online/ebay?

3. Ieronim

Ieronim Pen Pal - Newbie

I'd do whatever is cheapest :) Personaly, I just bought a CR1612 battery or whatever it is (can't remember now) for a few bucks from my local drug store and soldered it to the salvaged wires/connector from the old battery. Can't recommend this unless you're good with a soldering iron. You also have to scrape some chrome plating off the battery, or the solder won't stick to it. And don't overheat the battery while soldering to it, or it might blow up or leak or who knows what. This can be tricky.

4. danallraj

danallraj Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your reply. I reverted all the changes to start fresh (mods, cs). I followed leronims directions and at first there was only slight improvements from low of 3w @ 1.2ghz to 6w @ 1.6ghz. But when I put it to sleep and wake again the throttling was gone! This was on battery power though. When I plug the charger in, throttling appeared again. Would this have something to do with the NVRAM 'fed159a0' register? I have not reverted that setting as I did not make a note of the original value.

tried again, went back to battery, put tablet to sleep and after wake throttling is gone again! but as soon as i plug in power, throttling is back. Perhaps I missed a step which will remove throttling on all power state? Sleep and wake whilst connected to charger still produces throttling. Throttlestop 'Limit reasons' windows show PL1 going red for both Core and UnCore.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  5. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Check with unclewebb if this is something that has to be implemented in Throttlestop.

6. GearsPowered

I should mention that it only works when the battery is at 100% and plugged in or on battery.

I know an earlier user mentioned that he set windows to not charge the battery unless it was under 55%.

I'm curious to see if its possible for a power management software to replicate that (or if there's a setting). So that you could dictate when it charges the battery while it's awake.

Something like

If the tablet battery is above 60%, only power the device and not charge the battery.

This way if you have to move, it won't rethrottle until the battery is back to 100%

7. danallraj

danallraj Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks. I was following leronim's guide which states that the method will remove throttling even when fully charged, on battery, charging or after waking from standby but on different CPU type, hence wondering if I missed a step.

8. GearsPowered

Yeah unfortunately I haven't been able to get it to work while charging, but man this thing runs like a champ unthrottled. I was getting temp throttled when I had set it to throttle at 80c until I fixed it. I've reached 88-89 so far, hopefully that's a high as it gets.

9. rundll32

rundll32 Pen Pal - Newbie

When you change the battery state it will gp back to throttling.. mine will work with the charger plugged in but i have to leave it plugged in whilst i put it in standby and wake..

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

10. rundll32

rundll32 Pen Pal - Newbie

[​IMG]

Mine will even work whilst charging "see the high temp with the steady 850mhz gpu" but every now and then whilst playing a game or if it hits 100% ie changes battery state it will revert back to throttling again

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk