Dell Venue 11 Pro Core i version Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell' started by next_milenium, Dec 21, 2013.

1. rwerksman

rwerksman Scribbler - Standard Member

HDMI doesn't support 4k.

2. Hendrickson

Hendrickson Scribbler - Standard Member

The dock should with its displayport. I just hope I can run my 2560 x 1440 monitor nativly and not forced to use 1080p like i was with my T100.

3. ford1620

ford1620 Pen Pal - Newbie

Regarding mobile broadband on the 7130 i5 4300Y 8/256GB, I can clearly see the antenna wires taped to the empty slot. Looks like all hardware is in place to add mobile broadband at a later date.

javispedro likes this.
  4. Troy1219

Troy1219 Pen Pal - Newbie

Really? but the official site shows that the 7130 version (thickness 1.54cm) is much thicker than 5130.(10.2cm) .What is the exact thickness of the core version? Could anyone share some feeling about the thickness? I'm still worrying that 1.54cm is too thick for a tablet.

5. Hendrickson

Thats good news, hopefully the bios will allow us to use any WWLAN card we want in there. Will be an easy upgrade if they have. Is it a mini PCIE or M.2 slot?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  6. javispedro

javispedro Pen Pal - Newbie

Seriously, how can they mess up with this?
    And the throttling? So it has _fans_ and yet it throttles, despite being a Haswell -Y part? X-P

How's the battery life on the 8GB RAM model?

7. panzer06

panzer06 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm going to call Monday and see if they are offering any compensation.

I don't run that much on battery. It sits in the dock while I'm working and is removed as I move about the house in the evening. My first test will be some travel later this month. We'll see how long it lasts.

Cheers,

8. Bitech

Bitech Pen Pal - Newbie

It should. Flash memory uses a lot less power then mechanical drives.

The Core versions have a small fan to help with the cooling, which explains the extra thickness. Tablets were made to have only small, 2-3W processors that can survive with passive cooling. The tablet form factor wasn't made to support powerful Intel Core processors that use 12W, which explains the throttling issue many owners with the Core i5 version are dealing with. It's not a normal tablet.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  9. Hendrickson

Which also explains why the Surface 2 pro is so thick, but still has heat issues and screen dimming to help keep its heat down. While it has a better processor a i5 4200U I read somewhere that it throttles as well as dims if the CPU is taxed too much. I guess the best combo might be a passive cooled atom z3770, running 4GB of RAM and a SSD not eMMC. I guess we have to wait for someone to release that combo, Asus perhaps ?

10. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

One thing I've never heard about the surface is that it throttles its CPU, Microsoft actually released a firmware for the original surface pro very early on that removed any limits on the CPU. I ran games and benchmarks and the CPU ran at full speed everytime, of course with the fans going full blast but def not throttled.

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk