Dell Venue 11 Pro Core i version Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell' started by next_milenium, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Hendrickson

Hendrickson Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes very much so.

The eMMC does about 150 read and 70 write (aprox) And the ssd from what I've seen about 400 read and 300 write. (ball park figures) So quite a big gap there in performance. One of the set backs for the bay trail model. Well that and the 2GB of ram.

2. jyan_osu

jyan_osu Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm going to sometimes run some HyperV or VMWare instances so I opted for the 8GB version. I haven't played any games yet but will try it when I get time this weekend to see how well it does. Right now I'm setting it up with some development tools like Visual Studio, Photoshop, and Premier and Office so I am ready for CES
    20131231_162622_LLS.jpg

3. venuei3_128gb

venuei3_128gb Pen Pal - Newbie

Screen "waves" issue:

Has anybody got the same Problem: pressing the Edges a bit harder (e.g. Holding tab with one Hand at the rigt side), it somehow compresses the Screen and "waves occur". Best visible with black Screen (e.g. booting wile DELL logo is visible)

??
    Thanks

4. jyan_osu

For those interested, here's the benchmark for the 256GB SSD

Capture.JPG

santacluj and Hendrickson like this.
  5. Hendrickson

Hendrickson Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the benchmark, good speeds there. If you disable the drive encryption (enabled by default by Dell) you should see slightly better speeds.

6. erv2

erv2 Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there going to be a 3G version? Or there is a 3G module that I can add it in by myself later?

7. Jcink

Jcink Scribbler - Standard Member

I got another BSOD and this thing keeps freezing. Really pissing me off. I might return it after my Christmas vacation if this keeps up.

8. jyan_osu

I see a few folks complaining about their tablet not turning on with the power button but are people waiting long enough? After a certain time it get to sleep and it takes a few seconds to get out of it it seems. When it happens I just wait about 5 seconds or so and it then my login screen comes on. I have yet to have it not come on. It's either instant on or if I had it sitting idle for a while, it takes about 5 seconds. As soon as i feel the tablet vibrate after I press the power button, I just wait and it's always come back on to the login screen.

9. rwerksman

rwerksman Scribbler - Standard Member

4G. Should be out this month. You know, if it wasn't Dell.

10. smnnekho

smnnekho Pen Pal - Newbie

Since we are talking virtual - it looks like the 4300Y Virtualization features are not supported by Virtualbox although they are activated in BIOS (only need it for genymotion and android debugging though)