Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140 (Late 2014)

Discussion in 'Dell' started by jamesstringer, Nov 2, 2014.

1. rüdiger

rüdiger Scribbler - Standard Member

Nope. I know and told already up there whats causing the bluescreens. It is because of the SSD and some wrong/bad board design or bios problem. If you turn off connected standby the tablet is rock stable and I never had a bluescreen since then anymore. It just happens, when the tablet sleeps and then the SSD "disconnects" and Windows can't reach it anymore or wake it up in time.

2. timfountain

timfountain Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, good luck figuring it out then.

3. rüdiger

Nope. I know and told already up there whats causing the bluescreens.

4. timfountain

Really? You OP included this gem "Someone has a tip for this maybe?" Which at least to me implies that you do not know what is causing the bluescreen....

Your further assertion " I guess all 7140 have this issue with Windows 10, but most users may not notice it or have not the knowledge to notice it first hand." is incorrect. As I said, I have not seen that at all, ever on my second 7140. I did see it on my first., I know what the differences were, and that's what I highlighted. Anyway let us know when you have it all figured out, I am genuinely interested in what you find....

5. rüdiger

What are you even talking about @timfountain !? The problem is, that the Sandisk X110 is incompatible with the board or has a firmware bug. You can't fix it. There is just a workaround of deactivating connected standby AND AHCI HDD power saving modes. The end.

6. timfountain

I have no idea what you are talking about either.... Go read your OP when you said (correctly) that other users have reported problems with other SSD's. BTW I was one of those users. So no, it is not just a bug in the X110. Sorry buddy, you are really confusing the issue here. I believe it is an issue of certain SSD's and combination of motherboards and CPU's.

7. rüdiger

its too funny how you still didn't learn how to properly read.

https://i.imgur.com/s30JReq.png

I SAID THE MAINBOARD OF THE TABLET HAS AN INCOMPATIBILITY AKA BUILD ERROR OR FIRMWARE BUG AND/OR OF CERTAIN SSDs.

The tablet doesn't handle energy saving modes of SSDs correctly, and so other SSDs may react more critically than others (this is btw also a firmware bug of a lot of SSDs, also Samsung ones IN combination with certain boards, AND the Sandisk is also critically for this).

You're a total joke.

The only workaround is to disable and don't use connected standby, and if you do this, the tablet never ever will bluescreen nor freeze anymore. You have to use hibernate if you turn it off. Another solution isn't possible.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  8. timfountain

No comment. I just put you on ignore. enjoy talking with yourself. Oh and BTW the joke is on you as you don't have a working solution. I do!

9. rüdiger

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL : P

No comment.

10. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm wondering the same thing. I know the Latitude 11 works on the Venue 11 mobile keyboard, so I'm wondering if the backwards compatibility goes in both directions. Does anyone know if the Latitude 11 keyboard works on the Venue 11 Pro?