Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140 (Late 2014)

Discussion in 'Dell' started by jamesstringer, Nov 2, 2014.

1. jancen

jancen Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, can you help me ? i looking for modem for dell venue 11 pro 7400. i just need it for internet. no need gps or sms working. Im looking for cheap one. Thx for answer.

2. SVR-vovka

SVR-vovka Pen Pal - Newbie

Who can tell how much faster than the 8GB version of the 4GB version ?

3. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member

The 8GB version comes with the 5y71 while the 4GB is the 5y10c.
    Also the 8GB version comes with the 256GB ssd while the 4GB is either 64GB or 128GB. The smaller once have way slower write speeds.

The 8GB is significant faster if you exceed the 4GB memory limit, so there is no real comparision.

What do you need to use?

4. SVR-vovka

I'm talking about models with the same cpu (5y71). I bought 5y71 4/128. And now i'm confused, maybe i had to buy another model with 8gb?
    First of all i need to use VMware. Small VM with 512Mb of dedicated memory. And, ofcourse, usial office tasks.
    p.s. Thank you for reply.

5. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member

The usual office tasks are fine with 4GB if you don't work with >>1000 pages in Word or something like that,
    but VMWare is no fun with 4GB, but it is working.

6. SVR-vovka

The point is i worked with VM on 4Gb but it was notebook with T9300. I had no problem or lags with VM on it. And 5Y71 processor is still faster than the T9300.
    If 4gb would not be enough then swap file on ssd will help. Ofcourse DRAM is much faster then NAND. But i think should be enough for tasks with average load.

7. cardboardbox

cardboardbox Pen Pal - Newbie

hey just wondering how your Venue is doing. I put mine up for sale last week but then I let Windows do the huge Windows 10 Anniversary update just for fun. Since then I've been able to leave my Venue on all day with fairly low battery drain. It will go on instantly when I touch the windows logo within maybe 4 or 5 hours since last used and longer than that it will hibernate. I use it very little but I haven't charged it in 3 days and its at 49% now. But I really have only used it to browse the web for a few minutes and to check battery remaining. Still, its a huge improvement. Also, since the update, everything seems a little more responsive and faster now. Before it was kind of sluggish.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2016
  8. asdfrozen

asdfrozen Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm looking to buy a tablet. My minimum requirements are Bay Trail Atom, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB storage, and a good enough digitizer for note-taking. I found several of these on eBay for around $250-275, and I'd have bought one already if it were Wacom or Ntrig, but I'm wary of the Synaptics pen. Is it any good? I tend to write/scribble quickly, and I like to write small so I can fit as much as possible on the page/screen at once, so I need a pen that's responsive and accurate. I have used Wacom EMR (I have a LT1423p connected to my desktop which I think is adequate)--how does Synaptics compare? If this is no good I'll probably just bite the bullet and pay up $325 for a Cube i7.

9. TurEXE

TurEXE Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi I'm having the same issue on my 11 pro. Could you solve this problem following this suggestion? Thanks!

10. Xer0

Xer0 Pen Pal - Newbie

Is the desktop dock still not working with W10?