Dell USB-C to HDMI/VGA/Ethernet/USB 3.0 Adapter (DA200) Review

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Ed Hardy, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy FORMER Editor, TabletPCReview Staff Member

USB Type-C ports are increasingly appearing in Windows computers as the way to attach monitors and other peripherals. Many of the first generation of tablets to use this new standard have only a single USB-C port, but Dell offers an adapter that can be used with a variety of models to connect an HDMI or VGA monitor, an Ethernet network, and USB-A peripherals to one port.

This item, designated DA200, has a list price of $74.99 but is available online for around $50.

Read our in-depth review:

image.jpeg

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  2. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy FORMER Editor, TabletPCReview Staff Member

We tested the DA200 with the Apple MacBook 2016 and the USB-C adapter passed with flying colors. Both HDMI and VGA external monitors, and both keyboard and mouse, as well as Ethernet networking were tested.

3. Vaga

Vaga Scribbler - Standard Member

I've had two of these adapters, and when they work properly they work well, but both of them have failed within a few months of owning them.

4. gregoryx

gregoryx Scribbler - Standard Member

Now that there are similar devices with power-deliver (power pass-through) that work with the DV8P and cost $30 or so, I wouldn't consider purchasing this again.

5. crashnburn

crashnburn Scribbler - Standard Member

Share/ link to some please?

6. gregoryx

gregoryx Scribbler - Standard Member

I made a list of the ones I've tried in another post. They're getting pretty easy to come by on Amazon now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

crashnburn likes this.
  7. namitutonka

namitutonka Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got the Club 3D USB 3.1 Type-C to HDMI 2.0 UHD Active Adapter. Supports the native resolution of my motherboard's Intel HD515 graphics which is 4K UHD 3840x2160 @ 60Hz. Now I can connect my Dell XPS 12 9250 to many TVs or monitors. I change the resolution down to 1280x720 when I connect to my little kitchen TV.

crashnburn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.