Dell USB-C to HDMI/VGA/Ethernet/USB 3.0 Adapter (DA200) Review

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Ed Hardy, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy Editor, TabletPCReview Staff Member

USB Type-C ports are increasingly appearing in Windows computers as the way to attach monitors and other peripherals. Many of the first generation of tablets to use this new standard have only a single USB-C port, but Dell offers an adapter that can be used with a variety of models to connect an HDMI or VGA monitor, an Ethernet network, and USB-A peripherals to one port.

This item, designated DA200, has a list price of $74.99 but is available online for around $50.

Read our in-depth review:

image.jpeg

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  2. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy Editor, TabletPCReview Staff Member

We tested the DA200 with the Apple MacBook 2016 and the USB-C adapter passed with flying colors. Both HDMI and VGA external monitors, and both keyboard and mouse, as well as Ethernet networking were tested.

3. Vaga

Vaga Pen Pal - Newbie

I've had two of these adapters, and when they work properly they work well, but both of them have failed within a few months of owning them.

4. gregoryx

gregoryx Scribbler - Standard Member

Now that there are similar devices with power-deliver (power pass-through) that work with the DV8P and cost $30 or so, I wouldn't consider purchasing this again.

5. crashnburn

crashnburn Scribbler - Standard Member

Share/ link to some please?

6. gregoryx

gregoryx Scribbler - Standard Member

I made a list of the ones I've tried in another post. They're getting pretty easy to come by on Amazon now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

7. namitutonka

namitutonka Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got the Club 3D USB 3.1 Type-C to HDMI 2.0 UHD Active Adapter. Supports the native resolution of my motherboard's Intel HD515 graphics which is 4K UHD 3840x2160 @ 60Hz. Now I can connect my Dell XPS 12 9250 to many TVs or monitors. I change the resolution down to 1280x720 when I connect to my little kitchen TV.