Dell teases Surface Studio and Dial clone

Discussion in 'Dell' started by surfaceproartist, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Mad props, man. Local kids getting access to a 21UX...what awesomeness! You're seeding the future Will Eisner's man!

I hope you're able to get the hooking bug worked out soon. One thing you might try is rotating the Canvas 180 degrees (physically) and see if the hooking now occurs in the opposite direction. If not, it's probably a driver thing, and should be more-easily fixable.

thatcomicsguy and Steve S like this.
  2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<... The tech support staffer promised to pitch it as high up the chain as he could...>>

...I wish you good fortune and I hope that things have improved at Dell, but this reminds me of the issues with the Latitude XT and XT2 and their idiosyncratic N-trig drivers. Dell was very little help (and, in fact, never posted a satisfactory driver on the XT / XT2 support page). What little help I managed to get came directly from N-trig, but it was slow going. The bottom line is that the XT / XT2 issues were never fixed...

3. Seel

Seel Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm just confused because... doesn't this fish-hook problem normally happen at the end of lines drawn quickly, not the beginning?

4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Little hooks in fast strokes...>>

...Weird suggestion: Hold the pen in your hand and pretend that your wrist is a rotary joint; it only rotates. Using only a quick rotation, draw several lines. Because the nib is traveling in an arc, the line on the screen will be very short, but that's not important. What is important is whether the very beginning of that short line has a hook.

Alternatively, try suspending the pen from a short piece of string and swinging it like a pendulum. Hold it so that the nib just contacts the screen. Only problem with this approach might be that the speed will not be high enough (it would be much better if you could run this test on Jupiter)...

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  5. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I posted a quick video for the Dell team to hopefully reference...

6. Seel

Seel Pen Pal - Newbie

hmm :/
    I can't tell if this would be an issue for me, I don't draw quite that fast normally.
    But I guess I can wait until next month to see how Dell responds to this.

Otherwise I could probably take out a small loan for the Cintiq Pro 24 touch... But I am dreading that fan noise. Got myself a completely silent pc for nothing in that case :D

thatcomicsguy likes this.