Dell teases Surface Studio and Dial clone

Discussion in 'Dell' started by surfaceproartist, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Rodmanu_34

Rodmanu_34 Pen Pal - Newbie

Wacom is announcing the Pro 24, at $2,000 US.

2. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

According to Wacom's teaser site:

"Coming January
    Pricing from $1,999 to $3,299"

So we assume that the $1999 figure references the 24UHD, an ~11% increase from the Dell Canvas' promotional price.

So many of us are coming to this conclusion that I think we should probably expect to see some significant price drops in 3-4 months.

You gotta feel sorry for Dell a bit...I mean they spent 3 years worth of R&D iterating this concept...and had the rug pulled out from under them, first by MS—and now by Wacom.

You think Dell might stick with this product line? Or is this going down as another forgotten device in the annals of tablet history?

Rodmanu_34 and thatcomicsguy like this.
  3. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Pen Pal - Newbie

Dell's come out with some how-to videos

kvoram, Rodmanu_34 and Marty like this.
  4. Rodmanu_34

Rodmanu_34 Pen Pal - Newbie

The Canvas is back to $2,399.01 CAD on the Canadian website. The offer was extended to 09/18/2017 @ 6 am ET.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  5. Marty

So with all the news about the new high-end tablets being released, we almost forgot about this guy!

But here's some updates. :)

Brad Colbow did his review and had general positive impressions, low diagonal jitter, but he said the stroke tracking didn't feel as "tight" as he remembered on Cintiqs. Maybe the polling rate on this is lower than on DTK digitizers?

Lawrence Mann also did an unboxing and setup video of an Ergotron arm with the VESA mount adapter. It's nice to see with VESA compatibility, this can fully replace the QHD in any artist setup, while providing additional flexibility on the desk with its much thinner profile.

Anyone thinking of getting this? To be fair, this does look like a very nice drawing monitor...if only Wacom hadn't made those announcements, it would pretty high on my buy list.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  6. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Even on the Cintiq 27 the tracking feeling doesn’t feel the same compared to something small like the Cintiq Companion.

7. Marty

Interesting...

Considering that Wacom specifically advertised increased LPI and polling as one of the main features of the "gen 2" DTK digitizers, I wonder if this is evidence that all the new "gen 2" UD digitizers (in the Samsung tablets, HP Zbook X2, and Dell Canvas) did not get the same improvements LPI/polling.

How is you feeling of the tracking on GB12 vs CC1?

8. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

More or less the same to me, save for the fact that the stylus feels more like a pencil because, well, it is a pencil.

Marty likes this.