Dell teases Surface Studio and Dial clone

Discussion in 'Dell' started by surfaceproartist, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Ok I think I've solved the mystery of the $3455 Canadian pricing:

(From the US Site)
    [​IMG]

$1799 USD is actually the "special promotional price" which of course is exempt for northern neighbors. We get to enjoy the full MSRP...so much for "affordable" 27QHD alternative. :p

2. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Pen Pal - Newbie

Promotional price? That's the only price that was ever mentioned since they began marketing this thing.

3. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

The price of that stand though!

4. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Is it confirmed that this thing is VESA compatible? Or perhaps the folding stand uses custom mounting points...

5. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

2570? Are they serious?? :eek: o_O

6. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

It is with the purchase of a $200 metal backplate.

7. Rodmanu_34

Rodmanu_34 Pen Pal - Newbie

The Dell Canvas is now $2,399.01 CAD on the Canadian website.

Apparently, there is a saving of - $1,042.43 but the offers expire 25/08/2017.

I thought $2,399.01 would be the normal retail price, if not then what's the point, it's not cheaper than the Cintiq 27QHD. Also until I don't see an artist review of the final unit, it's hard to take a decision.

Marty, stoneseeker and thatcomicsguy like this.
  8. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thr...ming-in-january-2018.72537/page-3#post-505840

This video (linked in previous line) offers some interesting thoughts on the subject, with the end recommending a 4K 24" Cintiq over the Dell because the price points are close, 3 inches doesn't make a big difference, and you get a much higher PPI.

Of course, the reviewer was including a $200 mounting bracket in the price of the Dell.

Marty and Rodmanu_34 like this.
  9. Rodmanu_34

Rodmanu_34 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you! I have seen this video, and it's actually a good point. He mentions also the fact that Wacom is a product that might sell better, in case you want to get rid of your device after 2 or 3 years. I just liked the additional software features that the Dell Canvas was bringing: the fences app integration and activation of a touchpad to move things around on the second monitor. But I thought the price difference would be much more appealing, which is not the case, unfortunately.
    Question: Do you know if the 4K will require a more powerful computer to handle the tasks without any problem?

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  10. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

wait-- do we know what the price of the cintiq 4K 24 will be to accurately compare to this??

I agree though, now that I have my 22HD to hold me over till the 4K 24" is readily available, I have zero interest in jumping on Dell.
    Well played Wacom... wonder if they held up the Dell. I feel like if Dell had released the canvas 6 months ago, previous to Wacom announcing new hardware, many more would have jumped on one.

thatcomicsguy likes this.