Dell Tablet PC Rumors are Confirmed

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Stansfield, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Tiffany Boggs

Tiffany Boggs Editor/Site Admin Senior Member

All the speculation behind Dell entering the Tablet PC market is over. Jeff Clarke, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Dell’s Business Product Group, confirms the rumors are true. Dell will be entering the Tablet PC market later this year with their very own Latitude Tablet PC.

[​IMG]

Actual picture of the Latitude Tablet PC courtesy of GottaBeMobile.

Mr. Clarke posted a video of the Latitude Tablet PC in action on the Direct 2 Dell blog. It seems the Latitude will have a 12.1" widescreen display and will be extremely lightweight. According to him the Latitude is "designed for the education, health care and corporate marketplace." Sorry consumers, this means you may be waiting awhile to get your hands on this Tablet.

This news has been a long time coming and I am sure many users can't wait for more detailed specs and pricing information, which I am sure we will be seeing soon, so keep them eyes peeled. To see the Latitude Tablet PC in action check out the video here.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Looks like a decent product, interested in what the official technical specifications, well, just gotta stick around and wait for it I guess. :)

3. LxMike

LxMike X61 Canadian Owner

on the video it said '' pen and touch technologie'' ... very intresting indeed

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It will also be interesting to see just how 'available' this Tablet PC becomes to the mainstream user.

To flag it just for the 'medical, health and corporate' area I feel is a mistake.
    Dell should be looking to promote their ideas to a more open market.

What's the saying ~ Speculate to accumulate.

5. beq

beq Pen Pal - Newbie

So we're sure this one won't have built-in optical drive? Does it have a pointstick, or (just) touchpad?

This Dell Latitude XT, the HP 2710p, the ThinkPad X61, which tablet to get...

6. AUindd

AUindd Pen Pal - Newbie

I had a hard time focusing on the product with that seriously lame shirt he had on.

7. g2tl

g2tl Scribbler - Standard Member

oh man it looks good enough to break the pledge to never buy a dell again

8. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hmm, I was just thinking: One could get, with an extra $10, the actual media of Windows Vista (whatever edition Dell goes with for this Tablet PC) and reinstall the operating system without the junkware commonly installed. Saves some time completely uninstalling certain applications not wanted and hundreds of dollars.

When one of my family members wanted to buy a Dell desktop, I chose the option to get the Windows XP media to perform a clean install over the default factory image. :)

This, of course, is subjective for each user who is fine with uninstalling unwanted applications, but some feel more comfortable with a clean, installed operating system.

9. g2tl

g2tl Scribbler - Standard Member

I was talking about the hardware itself (esp w/ i600m), as I can live with the hassle of removing the junkwares

10. BenI

BenI Pen Pal - Newbie

gah.
    sad to see they are marketing it as a buisness tablet.

i want to see dell make an XPS TPC, for the consumer/college student/artist with a 14.1 (is that the right size of the current biggest wacom sensor board?) and dedicated graphics!
    i would simply be in love with it!
    come on dell!!