Dell Tablet Folio - Dell Venue Pro 11 Model 7130

Discussion in 'Dell' started by decho, Apr 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Pen Pal - Newbie

If that doesn't work, click on find coupons next to the coupon entry area. Should find a similar 25% Off.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2. Zathu

Zathu Pen Pal - Newbie

I have received the product.

jyan_osu was correct, it's simply the shell case accessory + an Apple smart cover clone. It magnets into the keyboard holes just like the slim keyboard. You don't need to attach the shell case to use the cover part by itself which is nice.

Pros:
    The material is a nice feel.
    A much needed accessory to make it comparable with the Surface's kickstand flexiblity.

Cons:
    The fit is not as tight as Apple's iPad smart cover.
    The magnet isn't strong enough to hold the cover closed, just to signal open/close. I'd be worried about putting in a bag like this and having the cover signal the machine in and of sleep.
    It also doesn't use magnets to hold the folding of the cover together when in stand mode. It unfolded under the gravity of the tablet once because I didn't pull it together 100%.

$40 might be a bit pricey for this, but it's not bad overall. Definitely a better option than loose/chunky third party cases.

dj cristi likes this.
  3. andy A

andy A Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for posting your thoughts on the 5130 folio case Zathu. With the 25% off coupon (expires the 21st) it brings the price down to 30 + tax which is more reasonable.

4. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Mine should be here Monday. I'm a bit bummed that its 2 pieces, but that is why it still works with the keyboard attachment so that's a good thing. $30 isn't too bad.

5. andy A

andy A Pen Pal - Newbie

6. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just got the one for the 5130, kinda meh. It's 2 pieces, the back shell and the magnetic cover. The back shell is nice, fits verywell and is reasonably thin and leaves all the ports open. The magnetic cover is kind of crappy, the magnetic connection is decent but not great, you can't lift it up by the flap for example. It's VERY flimsy feeling, so when you close it, it doesn't close down very well and I can see the tablet waking up from sleep constantly with any jostling, or if it's in a bag. Also the fold down mechanism to tilt is is veryweak, and the angle is very low in the down position. In the more vertical position it's fine but make sure it's folded properly or it will collapse.

Is it worth $39? I don't think so, the shell by itself is $20 and that might be worth it, but not the flap. I got it for $30 so it's more worth it. I think I'd rather keep the shell and get the thin keyboard cover.

7. dbpaddler

I just wish they'd make the tablet so it would fit on the keyboard dock both ways so you could have it docked with the tablet flush to the keyboard with the screen facing up. Wouldn't always have to detach the keyboard to use like a tablet when you're not holding it. You'd have presentation mode like the Yoga without the keyboard facing the table. Wouldn't have to worry about stowing the dock when you want to used it like a tablet.

I wouldn't worry so much about a case outside a sleeve.

8. Alchemist

Alchemist Scribbler - Standard Member

I just wish they would sell the flip cover separately from the polycarbonate back. I already have the polycarbonate back and don't need another.

dj cristi likes this.
  9. dbpaddler

Honestly, what a crap design. Now I have to swap out the dock for the cover. Just one more thing to store. That's just annoying, and one thing I liked about the Surface with a Type Cover. Would have preferred it attached to the backside. Some magnets would have been nice too. Could have kept the cover out of the way and folded over as a stand a bit easier. Just glad I only paid $20ish for it.

With the added thickness I'm considering the baytrail version. That should arrive by Friday. Not sure which I'll end up keeping.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  10. andy A

andy A Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered one of the IVSO tablet cases which is identical to the one in the link I posted earlier in this thread. Not sure when it will be here as it appears to be shipping from Hong Kong. Will post thoughts when I receive it. Forgot to add that this is for the atom model.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.