Dell Latitude XT Tablet PC Release and Our First Thoughts

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by jared2, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Boring!

He just showed us what Windows is able to do, not what the N-Trig digitizer is.

Where is the praised "multi-touch" feature? Where is pressure sensitivity? Oh, I understand, it's be missing.

2. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

If you use the pen mode, you get the same 256 levels of pressure as the Wacom digitizers. Unfortunately, only apps written for the XP:TE and Vista's tablet driver will give you pressure sensitivity. All those art apps that uses Wacom's driver for pressure sensitivity will be SOL.

3. quantum

quantum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

4. jared2

jared2 Scribbler - Standard Member

It's finally available online for configuring and pricing!

I called and asked what the build time is and they said 10 days and there are no pre-config ones that are ready to go out the door.

I also asked if there were any rumors of them reducing the price (as if they would actually tell me if they were). She said no since their computer has touch features "which no other tablet has". HA! Lenovo, Toshiba, etc.

Anyway, since you're essentially looking at January before getting one, I'm going to wait for Toshiba to put theirs out, and for Tiffy to review them all for us.

Happy Holidays!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.