Dell Latitude 7000 Series 2-in-1 7285: 12.3" 3:2 slim bezels + wireless charging

Discussion in 'Dell' started by kvoram, Jan 8, 2017.

1. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback. I've actually just purchased one as my Elite X2's screen stopped working with touch input and now only works with the pen or keyboard. I have a feeling there wont be much in the way of additional accessories as there was no mention of the 7285 at CES recently that I saw, all the videos showing the new 2018 lineup did not feature the 7285 or a successor. So a generic case might be all we can get.

Sent from mTalk

2. efjay

Doing a reset on mine now. Got an i5 256GB SSD 16GB RAM version from the outlet, no kb or pen but i already have the Bamboo ink and got the kb cheap on eBay.

Sent from mTalk

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  3. efjay

Noticing my keyboard battery is draining at a super fast rate, from 100% to empty in under 30 minutes. It does say its charging the tablet but still seems to be excessive drain. Also a battery report shows its charge capacity is only 17,913 mWh with a design capacity of 20,900 mWh. Anyone else seeing the same? Was a new open box from ebay so maybe its a knockoff but it seems like a genuine part, maybe its used?

Apart from that the overall package seems to work well, and the combo is a noticeable improvement over the typical Surface style tablet and slim keyboard combination, at least for my usage.

Sent from mTalk