Dell Latitude 7000 Series 2-in-1 7285: 12.3" 3:2 slim bezels + wireless charging

Discussion in 'Dell' started by kvoram, Jan 8, 2017.

1. hdfan23

hdfan23 Pen Pal - Newbie

Mines has been shipped and will arrive on Monday however the packaging is only listed at 2 lbs which might indicate no KB is included. For sure the pen is not because even for a new one, the pen is separate although KB is included. I chatted with customer service to verify if a kb is included for the outlet, they said yes although the UPS shipping details would indicate no. Might be my chance to haggle Dell to ship a keyboard if it does not come with one since I have proof they said it does since I was sent the chat transcript.

2. hdfan23

hdfan23 Pen Pal - Newbie

Mines did not come with a keyboard or pen and probably not meant to be but it's definitely featherweight and I like the form factor better, more 3:2 than 16:9. The Windows Hello feature is pretty cool, you can use face recognition to log in. I also picked up a pen but I've come to find out that it also works with the Huawei matebook stylus which I have and still prefer. I like the Huawei tip better and you can charge it with USB and it lasts a long time per charge. The new Dell pen is ok, better than the previous generation as far as feel. Only thing I'm missing now is a good case which is no where to be found besides just a general 12" case.

3. LiveJazz

LiveJazz Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine arrived without the pen, keyboard, or adapter. Called to complain, due to them being advertised, and they issued a $75 credit. Homage to a customer and partner since 2004. Such is the world, right? I do like the tablet and use it for everything. Looking for a good adapter to go with the usb c ports, which are the only ports on the tablet. Thanks for any guidance on this.

4. Borh

Borh Pen Pal - Newbie

I have this one
    Dell Adapter - USB-C to HDMI/VGA/Ethernet/USB 3.0 DA200

5. LiveJazz

LiveJazz Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought the Cable Matters one off Amazon because it supports 4k and one of the places I present has a 4k tv and I need all the help I can get.

6. hdfan23

hdfan23 Pen Pal - Newbie

Nice still can't believe there's not one case for it. There are generic sleeves but since I use it as a tablet more often than not, just want to get a case specifically meant for it that allows it to stand. Pretty much every tablet I've owned, whether Dell, HP, Microsoft, etc, someone eventually designs a case specifically for it, so far nothing for Dell 7285.

7. James Wooten

James Wooten Pen Pal - Newbie

I own the 7285 and I really like. I am looking for a folio case as well. I use the tablet in a hospital and want to ensure that the tablet is safe. Does anyone know if a folio type case is going to be made by Dell or someone else. I cannot fin d any information about this. I tried to contact Dell and they were not helpful at all. Thanks

8. hdfan23

hdfan23 Pen Pal - Newbie

Nothing after all this time, nothing from Dell or 3rd party. Also I like the pen model PN557W , but it just disconnects too darn often. Otherwise nice response and feel, and I like how it magnetically attaches to the tablet. But it will disconnect 2 or 3 times during a writing session which might be 1/2 of use for me.

9. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

10. hdfan23

hdfan23 Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't used mine too much because I'm waiting for a decent case and want to keep it in tip top shape but I don't have issues with heating and I'd say max I've used it without being plugged is around 3 1/2 hrs with 60% remaining. I tend to stay away from generic cases since they tend to add a lot of unnecessary bulk and weight and not very pleasing to the eye. I wish they could just come up with the same style folio as the Dell 7275 which would be perfectly fine, seems nothing in the works at all. Otherwise lightweight tablet and performs well. The pen is nice but disconnects quite a bit and you have to remove the battery and reinsert to get it going, which can be annoying. But other wacom pens will work on it.