Dell Latitude 12 7275 2 in 1

Discussion in 'Dell' started by hdfan23, Nov 21, 2016.

1. hdfan23

hdfan23 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just picked up this the other day, awesome screen (4K version) and very light, lighter than Surface 4. Pretty speedy. Battery life is only ok if you set it to a high brightness, I don't think you can use it for more than 4 hrs straight, hopefully a BIOS update fixes this. One thing, don't know if anyone owns this and if so has seen the same issue. When it is plugged in, the pen does not work at all. I have the latest BIOS. This kind of stinks, for sure this is a bug, no reason for this behavior to take place. Just seeing if anyone has this issue and has resolved, if not I'm giving a call to Dell.

2. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@hdfan23 While I can't help you with your problem and hopefully you fixed it already, what is your take on the pen performance of this device? Anything else noteworthy? Did you test its Thunderbolt 3 ports in any way?

3. gius81

gius81 Pen Pal - Newbie

What Pen can I buy for it?
    I've seen some models that should be compatible with this device:

- Huawei 02452047 matepen (2048 pressure levels)
    [​IMG]
    - HP Elite X2 1012 Active PEN T4Z24AA (2048 pressure levels)

[​IMG]
    - Lenovo Thinkpad PEN PRO-3 (2048 pressure levels)

[​IMG]
    - Lenovo Thinkpad Active Capacitive PEN 4X80H34887 (2048 pressure levels)

[​IMG]
    - Wacom CS320 Bamboo Smart Penna Digitale (1024 pressure levels)
    [​IMG]

Which one is better? I think the most confortable is the matepen, I've read a lot of good reviews about it...but I'm not sure for the compatibility.
    And I haven't found a dell stylus pen...

4. hdfan23

hdfan23 Pen Pal - Newbie

This is the pen for it https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Active-...F8&qid=1481045389&sr=8-2&keywords=dell+stylus

Works fine for me, also works for the Dell Venue 8 Pro 5855. Responsive and feels comfortable. Can't speak for the other pens, seem to be all in the same price range, but I don't see a reason to sway from the Dell pen.

5. hdfan23

hdfan23 Pen Pal - Newbie

Pen works fine, comfortable and responsive, just weird deal that it does not work while plugged in. A recent BIOS update has not fixed it. I haven't used the Thunderbolt ports besides charging and plugging in a USB 3.1 drive, they work as expected. I know they have docks that can make use of it but probably not a need for me at this time.

kvoram likes this.
  6. gius81

gius81 Pen Pal - Newbie

I can't find dell model here. Has it got 2048 pressure levels too?

7. hdfan23

hdfan23 Pen Pal - Newbie

What do you mean you can't find the Dell model? Description on the site:

Enjoy enhanced precision and accuracy: Designed with technology from Wacom, a global leader in digital interface technologies, the Dell Active Pen offers high precision and accuracy, sensing 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity. Draw straight or curved lines and detailed small letters (3mm) without the hassle of distortion or smudging. With palm rejection, you won't have to worry about potential errors caused by your palm resting on the tablet. Draw lines that vary from thick to thin and dark to light, for richer graphical expression, as the Active Pen senses the pressure on the tip.

8. gius81

gius81 Pen Pal - Newbie

I mean that It wasn't available in my country. Now I've found it available on amazon. It's this model right?

https://www.amazon.it/gp/aw/d/B018F..._QL65&keywords=Dell+Active+Pen+PN556W+(N1DNK)

9. hdfan23

hdfan23 Pen Pal - Newbie

10. gius81

gius81 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've Tried both dell pen and huawei matepen with dell latitude, and I definitely prefer huawei pen! Much confortable and accurate