Dell Latitude 11 5000 2-in-1

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Yogi76, Sep 4, 2015.

1. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

I modified an anti-glare screen protector for a Venue 11 Pro 7140 and it helps a lot when I use the device outside or in front of a window where the sun is shining in. I also think that the pen feels better on the plastic screen protector, but my daughter says she likes the feel of the pen better without the screen protector, so I suppose that's a matter of taste.

I wish there were more devices with nice matte displays, like the Toshiba Portege Z20t.

And, what is "frosted plastic"?

2. HJK

Since the Venue 11 Pro models have the exact same dimensions, all you have to do is cut our or punch out a hole where the selfie camera is. Other than that it's already a perfect fit. I don't know if there are glass ones for the Venue 11 Pro, though. I haven't checked.

3. X-Sonic

X-Sonic Pen Pal - Newbie

In terms of performarnce do you think there's a reasonable difference between the 4 GB and 8 GB RAM models?

4. Techparts

Techparts Pen Pal - Newbie

I recently bought a used Dell 5175 8/256 on ebay. Has anyone applied the newer BIOS with the Spectre & Meltdown patches? I read somewhere the CPU performance hit after the patches was only 3% but the SSD performance hit was more like 30%. Does anyone know more about this?

5. HJK

Personally I'm planning to go with only 8GB devices moving forward to stay future proof. But I haven't had experience with the Latitude 5000 4gb, so I can't speak directly to your question.

6. Luv

Luv Pen Pal - Newbie

when the device is in sleep mode , how do you wake it up ? By only pressing the power button or also with any key on keyboard ?
    Does it consume a lot battery in connected standby sleep mode ?

7. Luv

Luv Pen Pal - Newbie

did u apply the latest bios and get any perfomance hit ?

8. Techparts

Techparts Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't know. I put it to sleep one night with the keyboard connected and the next day the battery was dead. Maybe it woke up during the night. Sleep power consumption should be 1 watt vs 3 watts at idle.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Latitude-11-5175-5179-Tablet-Review.164262.0.html#toc-emissions

I have not tested performance with latest bios and patches.

9. devinpatterson

devinpatterson Pen Pal - Newbie

does the 5175 have a vibration function? I bought one off of ebay and it doesn't vibrate when powering on, or hitting the windows key.....or at any time at all. My Venue 11 pro does, and I'm wondering if I got a defective unit.

10. X-Sonic

X-Sonic Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, no it doesn't have any vibration function. Cheers.