Dell Latitude 11 5000 2-in-1

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Yogi76, Sep 4, 2015.

1. X-Sonic

X-Sonic Pen Pal - Newbie

So you think it's an hardware issue? Are you sure? In this case I doulw sent it back. If you hold it nothing happens to you?

2. felixdd

felixdd Pen Pal - Newbie

I have 2 keyboards bases. I also have that issue, moreso with one keyboard but both does it.

It only happens if I'm holding the very corner of the unit itself. Don't forget the whole package is very heavy and it's a lot of torque on one point. Just don't hold it like that

3. X-Sonic

X-Sonic Pen Pal - Newbie

So in the end you think it's normal and it's more like an engineering error?

4. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

If it happens fairly frequently, like just when you are applying a little pressure from your palm when it is sitting on your lap, I would definitely send it back. I'm typing now on my Latitude 11 (backlit) kb dock, and it doesn't do that.

5. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm quite pleased with this device. My I only complaint is that I bought a 5179 and the finger print reader (which I could never get to work) and the card reader make the device super fat. I wish I would have gotten a 5175 instead.

6. felixdd

felixdd Pen Pal - Newbie

I think it's more of a flaw in engineering, or just us users using it beyond its designed specifications.

If it's happening even if your hands are resting on it while typing on a table (as mentioned by others) I'd send it back. Otherwise, just don't hold it at the corner like that.

7. felixdd

felixdd Pen Pal - Newbie

A question for everyone else -- does anyone else use a screen protector or are you running with the screen naked. How's it holding up? I bought some frosted plastic protectors but they scratch on the keys easily and I still haven't found a tempered glass protector....

8. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

9. felixdd

felixdd Pen Pal - Newbie

haven't found anyone that makes a model for the 5175 :(

10. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator