Dell Latitude 11 5000 2-in-1

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Yogi76, Sep 4, 2015.

1. IanK

IanK Pen Pal - Newbie

I've got an opportunity to buy the 5175 (with M5, 8/256) but unfortunately it has no LTE/sim card slot.
    Is there any option to add it? I know there was such a possibility in Venue 11 but what about 5175?
    If the model does not have sim card slot, does it still have lte antenna inside and the only thing is to buy some m.2 wwan card and connect it?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  2. TechGadget17

TechGadget17 Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone confirmed that the 5175's SSD interface can accept both SATA and PCI-E storage? I'd rather upgrade to the faster bus so I could use in another modern device.

First page shows storage options with SSD M.2 PCIe NVMe 256/512 GB.

3. HoHoHo

HoHoHo Pen Pal - Newbie

My 5175 with 512GB SSD has a Intel Pro5400 Series Solid State Drive which is not a NVMe drive.
    Correction:
    I was wrong, it is an INTEL SSDSCKKF512H6 512GB.

When I search for this type Google says it is a Intel® SSD 600p Series SSD. But I do not know if this is really correct...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  4. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

I know the Latitude 11 is backward compatible with a lot of the Venue 11 accessories, and I'm wondering if it also works in the other direction. I just picked up a Venue 11 Pro 7140 and I like the looks of the Latitude 11's folio keyboard. Is there any reason it wouldn't work with a DV11P 7140?

5. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

Are you saying that a DV11P not built LTE ready could have a sim card reader added somehow? If so, could you point me in the direction of any threads or tutorials spelling out how to so that. I know there is a thread on how to add a sim card reader to a non-LTE ThinkPad 10, but unlike my DV11P, the ThinkPad already has a dummy sim card slot.

6. andy_sym

andy_sym Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all. I have just picked up a refurb Latitude 11 5179 here in the Uk with 8GB Ram and 256GB SSD to replace my trusty Dell Venue 11 Pro 7139 that I have been running overclocked well for the last year and wondered if there is any need to mess about with Intel Extreme Tuning Utility with these?