Dell Latitude 11 5000 2-in-1

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Yogi76, Sep 4, 2015.

1. alexmih

alexmih Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for the additional information! And one more question for you guys: how long does the battery last?

2. HoHoHo

HoHoHo Pen Pal - Newbie

It depends, mostly I use my 5175 with attached Keyboard, normal surfing and low Performance stuff the runtime is >9h. If the tablet is used stand alone the runtime is ~50% since the battery capacity is only more or less the half.
    Compiling, Debugging, .... will reduce the runtime more or less.

3. X-Sonic

X-Sonic Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys, I'd like to buy this PC but being a Dell is impossible to find a try it here in UK
    A question for you: is it possible to attach the screen on the other way round? Like the back flat on the keyboard and the display visible to you.
    Also: can you recharge it via a normal USB cable instead of its charger?
    Thanks a lot!

4. HoHoHo

HoHoHo Pen Pal - Newbie

Never tried it, but I'd say no. Since the tablet is not 100% flat on the back side you may damage the tablet and / or keyboard if you want to close the lid.

The USB-C port is the charging port. The big USB port is not intended for charging. If you can use a different (non Dell) USB-C charger it depends if the charging device is recognized correctly. At all I like the Dell USB-C charger. The charger itself is very small, and the charging of the device is fast, depending on the settings I have done für chaging using the power options in the Dell tool

Here an article about USB-C chargers and the interchange of the chargers:
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/3017...-every-device-we-have-to-chase-the-dream.html

5. X-Sonic

X-Sonic Pen Pal - Newbie

OK, that would have been very useful because writing with the pen like that is definitely better.
    If you'll ever try let me know, please.

Sorry, I meant the USB-C, not the big USB port. So my question was more intended to know if I was able to charge this Dell via my smartphone USB-C charger (with Surface 3 you actually can do it through the Micro-USB port) but maybe the answer - also referring to your article - is no.

Thanks.

6. kurosawa79

kurosawa79 Pen Pal - Newbie

No it won't charge with a phone USB C at all. I don't have the charger nearby so can't give you the amp details but it's a big gulf in charging power between the 5175 charger and a standard phone charger.

7. katie-eliza

katie-eliza Pen Pal - Newbie

I was looking at getting a Latitude 11 (from the Uk) to replace my cheap laptop and Vivotab Note 8 for uni and create an all in one system.
    What would you suggest is better in terms of usability - m5 8gb vs m3 4gb? As I can find a 5179 m5/8gb/256gb w/ smartcard+fingerprint for ~£310 or a 5175 with keyboard m3/4gb/128gb for much the same, both from dell refurb sellers.
    Also how is the new keyboard with mini stylus? As it's hard to find here (£110 is best I found), or would you suggest try and buy full active pen and Venue Pro 11 keyboard as a slightly cheaper option (not much at the moment as both also hard to find)?

8. LiveJazz

LiveJazz Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, Katie! The garaged rechargeable styles is good for emergencies, but doesn't hold a candle to the active pen. Garaged styles needs to be constantly re-registered when taking notes, which rwquires reconnecting the tab to the keyboard. Highly recommend using the active pen and having the keyboard and garaged styles for backup. Keyboard is awesome compared to previous venue keyboards, due to increased reliability.

M5 8gb vs m3 4gb is going to be based on what you use it for. Basic office and light graphics work and browsing, definitely opt for the m3. Smart card reader and fp reader add huge amount to the thickness. I.M. Me for more info.

matt

9. LiveJazz

LiveJazz Pen Pal - Newbie

it's not the amperage. It's a total different wiring. Pretty annoying, if you ask me......

matt

10. X-Sonic

X-Sonic Pen Pal - Newbie

Where you can find this prices here in UK? Any shops to suggest? Thanks.