Dell Latitude 11 5000 2-in-1

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Yogi76, Sep 4, 2015.

1. LiveJazz

LiveJazz Pen Pal - Newbie

2. user2304

user2304 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,

this weekend i found the time to open it up - as described just remove the screw under the micro-sd-flap, then carefully work around the back cover to losen the clips. Finally there are two clips in the middle of the cover.

The ssd can be replaced, it has m.2 format.

There is a second m.2-slot for wwan, i couldn't try this one with another ssd, because i have no single-sided m.2-2242-ssd here - a Transcend MTS400 would not fit because of two little chips on the underside.

Regards,

user2304.

3. LiveJazz

LiveJazz Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow! That's almost embarrassing!! I guess I need to look again. I do have a 512gb Transcend that was in a 7140 that Dell replaced with the 5179, but I guess I just missed it. I'll take a look, tomorrow. Thanks!

4. HoHoHo

HoHoHo Pen Pal - Newbie

Is the memory soldered on the mainboard or can the memory changed sice it is a module.

5. sitongia

sitongia Scribbler - Standard Member

I see in this thread that people started talking about this device over a year ago. The Dell website for ordering shows shipping in 36-40 days. Wow, that is quite a delay for something this old. Why does it take so long? Is there a big demand for this?

About the stylus: is the only one the one that comes with the keyboard? I like the idea of a rechargeable pen, but it only works for 40 minutes? Are there lots of other choices in pens to work with that Wacom digitizer?

6. Fens

Fens Pen Pal - Newbie

I have just recently picked up a latitude 11 5175 and I am also wondering what options I have with regards to pen choices. Pen reviews for this tablet are quite hard to track down online and I have come across some conflicting information as to which pens are compatible.

I am aware that the Dell Active Pen PN556W is compatible however it is very expensive here in the UK, £75 direct from Dell. Basically the same question as Sitongia, are there any other Wacom pens that will work?

7. andy_sym

andy_sym Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all.

I have the Venue Pro 7139 that I have overclocked to get the full use of the 4300y in it but this only has 4GB ram and I have seen a Latitude 11 5175 with the m5-6Y57 and 8GB ram I might upgrade to but have a question. Can you actually get anywhere near the potential of this better CPU as a few reviews have suggested Dell have restricted it a lot much like the 4300y before the great bios mods were around?

Thanks

8. HoHoHo

HoHoHo Pen Pal - Newbie

Why not buying there:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-Activ...=1479794367&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=dell+pn556w

My 5175 is on the way and I'm pretty sure I'll get most of the acessory from Amazon since it is much cheaper. At all the stuff is everywhere cheaker tna Dell directly. The only thing I also ordered at Dell was the Latitude 11 Keyboard, that is available end of the year.

9. kurosawa79

kurosawa79 Pen Pal - Newbie

Why is it that there is so much info about the Venue Pro 11 713/40 series but so little on the Latitude 5175/9s? I have a 5175 on order and was wondering if there is any need to mod the bios like the 7130s? Is the speed sufficient or does it also suffer from throttling? I have ordered the 6Y57 with 8gigs ram. Will do the usual office style workloads plus some light gaming (mostly retro emulation). What do owners of the 5175 think? Good upgrade on the 7140s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. kurosawa79

kurosawa79 Pen Pal - Newbie

Finally got my 5175. Great little tablet. I also got the keyboard to go with it but the mini pen in the keyboard is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Has anyone else experienced this? Otherwise a very nice machine for the price I paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk