Dell Latitude 11 5000 2-in-1

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Yogi76, Sep 4, 2015.

1. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Do we know if both optional keyboard is compatible to Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140;
    The backlit is welcome compared to both keyboard on Venue 7140.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

2. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Scribbler - Standard Member

Any update on shipping? I am curious to see how this turns out and if the accessories will go between last years model.

3. Steve_Reed

Steve_Reed Pen Pal - Newbie

I have ordered Latitude 5175 with new keyboard (one with battery). Keyboard has just arrived, while tablet is still in production with delivery date set to March 15. Now the bad news to those, who wanted to use old keyboard. It is not compatible. New keyboard has more connector pins (8 on each side vs 6). They also are noticeably more pronounced.
    I tried to attach it to Venue pro 11 - Tablet did not detect it.
    Typing feels different. Clickier, but with same travel space. But, I think, the old one is just a liiiiiiiiitle bit more pleasant to work with. Sketch now is in the center of the key. Also it is possible to lock between F1-F12 and function keys by default. 28% bigger battery (20V 1.5A vs old 19.5V 1.2A) to power that backlit keyboard. Also aforementioned mini Active pen, charges from 0% to 90% in just 4 seconds from the keyboard and provides 40 minutes of use (at least thats what it says in brochure).

4. NTMBK

NTMBK Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah damn, there goes my plan to replace my 7130 with a Skylake model. :( Guess I'll just stick with what I have, see if I can't squeeze out a bit more performance using Throttlestop or something.

5. a042349

a042349 Pen Pal - Newbie

Anybody hear any rumors about when we'll see LTE (AT&T specifically) on this tablet? I asked a rep a few weeks ago in a chat session and he said they may announce it in March, but nothing so far.

6. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Dell Latitude 11 5175 Tablet Review
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Latitude-11-5175-Tablet-Review.164262.0.html

Pro
    + bright, viewing angle stable IPS panel
    + passively cooled Core m5 processor
    + decent battery life
    + fast 256 GB SSD
    + full-sized USB 3.0
    + good camera

Cons
    - processor cannot implement its potential
    - 12-month standard warranty
    - minor production flaws in our review sample
    - only one USB 3.0 Type C
    - relatively expensive accessories by Dell

Verdict
    [​IMG]
    In review: Dell Latitude 11 5175. Test model courtesy of Dell Germany
    Dell's Latitude 11 5175 is a decent business tablet with a plainly designed casing. The Intel Core m5-6Y57 processor installed has sufficient power for coping with office routine. The processor's low TDP allows passive cooling. With 256 GB, the SSD has enough storage capacity and ensures a smooth running system with good read and write rates. The Full HD touchscreen offers very good screen brightness and even enables outdoor use in sunlight. The touchscreen functions precisely and responds quickly to inputs that are implemented without much time loss. Furthermore, the IPS panel convinces with its very good viewing-angle stability. Another plus point is the good battery performance that also allows prolonged mobile use.

The tablet is a good entry in the business sector. However, there is no way around the proprietary accessories to work more productively with Dell's 11 5175. The keyboard dock should at least be on the shopping list.

Dell's Latitude 11 5175 has to accept some points of criticism, anyway. The processor's performance is not completely available. Thus, clear performance losses have to be expected. Microsoft's Surface Pro 4 that is furnished with a Core m3 runs faster in comparison. The screen is not recommendable for professional use since the color-space coverage is only on a middling level.

Potential buyers now know the capabilities of Dell's Latitude 11 5175 and where it has shortcomings. Buyers who can live well with 1080p and also with limited color-space coverage should put the slate on their shortlist. The CPU's performance is sufficient for smooth workflow despite the restrictions. Hardly any tablets exist that can permanently retrieve the full power of Core m processors.

7. LiveJazz

LiveJazz Pen Pal - Newbie

I know thread participants are, likely, aware of this by now; but there is a YouTube video review conducted by a Dell employee comparing the 5175 to the 7140 and shows the 5175 docked and working on the legacy keyboard. So, maybe, compatible one way, but not the other. My 5175 Security is being shipped, this week, so I'll know soon because I have a drawer full of both types of legacy keyboards.

8. user2304

user2304 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hallo,

anyone knows, if the backdoor is removable - at least to upgrade the ssd ? I searched for a maintenance manual without sucess.

Regards,

user2304.

9. LiveJazz

LiveJazz Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the 5179 and typing on it, now. I also have several Venues, from the 7140 to 5130 to 5055. The 5175/5179 works perfectly on the legacy keyboards, but Venues do not work on the Latitude 5175/9 keyboards. Hope that makes sense. Interestingly, the cursor no longer hops around like t did on the Venues.

Back door is removable, but the hd is, now, part of the mb, unfortunately. I was hoping to use my 7140 512 hd with the 5179, but no joy. Counting on bigger and faster microsd's lol. Theres been massive improvements in response times in the last two months with several bios and chipset upgrades. I'm running Anniversary Eddition and its pretty zippy, right in line with my max-spec'ed out 7140.

Hope this helps, ya'll!

matt

10. user2304

user2304 Pen Pal - Newbie