Dell Latitude 11 5000 2-in-1

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Yogi76, Sep 4, 2015.

1. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

Too bad I didn't get into this forum earlier.
    If you're still looking, I would highly recommend the Latitude over the Venue Pro. Of course the Latitude has a more powerful and more recent processor, but the big difference is the pen. The Wacom pen that the Latitude uses is much better than the Synaptics pens that the Venue 11 Pro models are compatible. I highly recommend buying the HP pen that is compatible with the Latitude 11--I can look up the exact model pen if that will help.

Also, the Venue 11 Pro will not be compatible with any of the Latitude 11 accessories. The Latitude 11, however, is fully compatible with the old Venue 11 Pro accessories. So, for example, if you want to try out the backlit keyboard (with the pen that docks in the keyboard) for the Latitude 11, you can't use that on the Venue 11 Pro. If, however, you find you prefer the Venue 11 Pro battery keyboard, you can still use that with the Latitude 11.

Also, the simple fact that the Latitude 11 is a more recent model makes it a safer gamble when compared with the Venue 11 Pro. A random Latitude 11 on eBay is newer and therefore more likely to still be in better shape with a healthier battery than a random Venue 11 Pro on eBay.

Hope this helps.

dellaster likes this.
  2. HoHoHo

HoHoHo Pen Pal - Newbie

The 5175 is still a good machine since it has a m3 processor. The most important thing is that the device should have 8GB RAM. do not buy a 4GB RAM version.

But the 5175 has one big disadvantage. It is really heavy. For this reason I do not use the 5175 not that often anymore since I own a Surface Go and a Surface Go 2. The SG and SG2 are smaller and not that heavy.

3. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

I have the m5 model.