Dell Latitude 11 5000 2-in-1

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Yogi76, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Artus

Artus Pen Pal - Newbie

Good Day to everyone,

Can the Dell 5175 be charged with a phone charger? Namely a 3 amper charger, which came with my phone.

On my lenovo miix 10 tablet I could slowly charge it through the usb, is it also possible for dell?

2. LiveJazz

LiveJazz Pen Pal - Newbie

I was very disappointed to find that the wiring configuration is different in a standard USB c than the Dell's. So, that would be a no. Even if it were wired the same, it would only charge if it were off. Some have had success with manufacturing adapters by replicating the wiring configuration. This would allow charging in a car, etc. I just bought an inverter with an ac plug for the car and a battery pack with an inverter and ac plug for emergency use.

3. Techparts

Techparts Pen Pal - Newbie

The Dell AC adapter label shows 20 volts 1.5 amps (30 watts) or 12 volts 2 amps (24 watts) or 5 volts 2 amps (10) watts. My Kill-a-Watt shows the Dell 5175 uses 15 watts when gaming, 13 to 17 watts when off and charging, 4 watts at idle and 1 watt in sleep. I have been able to power and charge it using a third party 27 watt USB-C charger that supplies 20 volts. It takes about 5 hours to charge the Dell 5175 and keyboard with the Dell charger. If the 5175 does not recognize the charger it will charge very slowly at 3 watts and could take 10 to 20 hours to fully charge. You can find Dell 5175 USB-C chargers on eBay for $20.

4. Artus

Artus Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for the answers!

It is a shame that the tablet is different than other USB type-C devices.
    I ordered an OEM dell charger at the end, now I just have to wait until my refurb 5175 arrives.

Does any of you use a Stylus with it? I ordered the Tablet with the slim keyboard, that does not come with a stylus.

After all, it does have a Wacom screen, I want to use it to the fullest.

5. X-Sonic

X-Sonic Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello guys, I need your help.
    I've got stuck with the error 0xc00000e9 every time I switch one my laptop.
    Sometimes I restart it and it switches on, sometimes it keep me showing this error.
    I tried everything but nothing worked.
    I tried to update the Bios too but with the latest bios it only got worste.
    Have you ever encountered in this error? In general, have you installed the latest bios? How did it go for you? Thanks

6. o2laz

o2laz Pen Pal - Newbie

It could be a failing drive or corrupt file system. Those seem to be the most common reasons for that error code.

X-Sonic likes this.
  7. X-Sonic

X-Sonic Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes I know but I reinstalled WIn10 many times so cannot be a corrupt file system, ins't?
    Also, I've checked many times the drivers and everything seems ok, and reinstalling Win10 should also fix this problem, if I'am right.
    I also heard that can be something broken, like the HD, but having our Dell an SSD shouldn't be possible, no?
    Thanks for helping.

8. X-Sonic

X-Sonic Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone having problem with these errors after the latest Win 10 updates?
    Have you upgraded to last Bios too?

9. HoHoHo

HoHoHo Pen Pal - Newbie

My 5175 works perfect with the latest Win10. I am on the current BIOS since this updates contains improtant security fixes.

10. rk1213

rk1213 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just a question for those who upgraded from the 7140, have you guys noticed any major differences?
    I’ve recently got a 2nd hand maxed out 7140, but have just found a 5175 for approximately the same price and is wondering if I should sell it and get that instead.

Also, I’ve read that the 5175/79 has an overheating/throttling issue. How does that compare with the 7140 in your experiences?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020