Dell Latitude 10

Discussion in 'Dell' started by excalibur1814, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sorenrv

sorenrv Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi

I am on a five months extended leave travelling in India with my wife. My plan is to use part of the period to write the manuscript to a non-fiction book about my professional field, IT management. I bought the Dell Latitude 10 in the hope that it would serve well as my writing Tool and after one month i am still happy using it. Right now I am sitting in a cafe in McLeod in Himachal Pradesh and my manuscript i 162 pages long.

The applications I use for writing on the Latitude 10 is primarily Microsoft Word, with Powerpoint, Excel, and Visio as illustration tools. It all works quite well. The only small annoyance is that it takes quite a long time to open and save the document but it really is a small annoyance, and if it bugs me enough i will split the document up with one document per chapter.

I carry the tablet with me wherever I go and I am very happy with it´s low weight.

I am using the Kensington bluetooth keyboard/case and a Wireless mouse I had to buy because the Microsoft Wedge mouse I had brought from home decided to die on me.

The Dell Latitude 10 is a serious tool and has so far proven to be a really good Investment.

Soren

2. pipolaki1

pipolaki1 Pen Pal - Newbie

hi i just bought the tablet latitude 10. But after buying I doubt if I have the model compatible with the wacom stylus.
    The only data provided in the ebay announcement are:

"Dell Latitude 10 tablet computer features:
    64GB internal storage.
    10 hour battery life.
    Touch screen.
    SD card expansion slot.
    USB 2.0 port.
    3.5mm headphone jack.
    Internal microphone.
    Front and rear facing camera.
    802.11n wireless.
    HDMI output.
    Bluetooth connectivity.
    Product is in original condition, no visible signs of use. Comes in original packaging with working charger and Windows 8 installed. "

Also I know that comes with 4-cell battery that came in a photo of the announcement and the seller told me that the tablet was sold with the extended battery.

But now I'm not sure that this model is conmpatible with wacom stylus.

Does anyone know tell me with the information I have provided whether or not it is compatible?

Thanks and sorry for my English.

3. iamaven

iamaven Pen Pal - Newbie

Edit: these are the base specs for all models so I don't think you can tell.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  4. pipolaki1

pipolaki1 Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought this tablet but i haven´t recivet it yet.
    The seller just gave me this information and he say me that it comes with interchangeable battery and he say me that the tablet is the pro model.

The problem is that I'm not sure (with this information) if this model is compatible or not with the wacom stylus.
    With the information that I have supplied .... Can you tell me if it is compatible with the wacom stylus?
    another thing...in the photos that I have , I see that it comes with led flash in the rear camera.
    can anyone say me that this tablet comes with digitizer and if it compatible with wacom stylus?
    thanks

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  5. DaDaBear

DaDaBear Pen Pal - Newbie

I just purchased the Latitude 10 Essentials and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the first things I should do immediately out of the box so the tablet is completely update and functional; ie. BIOS, updates, etc. Thanks for any help offered.

6. daron

daron Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I have seen the blue arrows in the manual to remove cover but I am struggling to understand what is means? Can you explain in a little detail how you got the back off and what you used. I have been trying with a credit card but apart from wrecking part of the rubberised outer shell I have not managed to release a single catch!

Any insight will be gratefully received.

Thx

7. Donpeter

Donpeter Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,
    I need to replace a screen on one of this Dell Latitude 10 tablets. I was searching internet for closer instructions or some educational video but without any luck. Have any one done this? Could you write little summary of steps how to get it done? I am just hoping that the screen can be pry it off from front of the tablet so I don't have to take a part whole tablets from back cover. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you

8. sagarkargathra

sagarkargathra Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi. I just bought Dell latitude 10 ST2 with 2 cell battery and looking for a decent case. I have Griffin Survivor case for Dell Latitude 10 in mind but after reading all the above conversation between you and Steve still have a question. Can you please tell me that when the screen is on can you use the screen without noticeable difference. For example can you feel the difference that there is another layer or does it feel like you are using the screen in its self.
    Does the screen Protrude out ? It will be good if you can send an additional picture other than above if possible. Also if you know some other case please let me know. All your help is greatly appreciated.

9. daginagi2

daginagi2 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi. Is Dell Latitude 10 enough powerful for working and useful for taking notes, powerpoint, microsoft office and so on?

10. pappyxmas

pappyxmas Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes! I use mine every day for everything. My laptop has been sitting in my cube untouched for months now. I use MS Office 2013 including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project & take notes in Word with the stylus. The Latitude 10 goes everywhere with me, I can't see me ever going back to a laptop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.