Dell Latitude 10

Discussion in 'Dell' started by excalibur1814, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glen8

glen8 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Guys,

after having major issues with my previous 3 win8 tablets (XPS 10, Asus ME400C x2) I am now onto my fourth which is a Latitude 10.

Bought from the dell outlet, everything was going great yesterday. Came to it this morning and its dead. Can't get it to power on.

Plugged in the charger but the little white charging light doesn't come on. Decided to take the back off and notice that the cable next to the charging port have come out. Plugged in back in, reconnected battery and charger but its still the same :(

any ideas before I send it back?

2. Nait

Nait Scribbler - Standard Member

Try to press and hold power key more than 10 sec.

3. AlunReynolds

AlunReynolds Scribbler - Standard Member

UPDATE: Both cameras have failed. Not sure if this happened immediately after the upgrade or since. But updating the drivers returns the 'your device software is up to date' message. I have tried deleting the driver software, but that results in the camera becoming an unknown device. I am sure the full version of 8.1 will fix this and, until then (with Skype on my telly and my mobile) I am sure I will get by... ...sigh!

UPDATE 2: Reinstalled the Dell driver pack and the Intel graphics accelerator and lo and behold the cameras work again. Its a miracle!!!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  4. huckyfu

huckyfu Pen Pal - Newbie

pappy xmas,

I'm interested in buying the survivor case and have had trouble finding proper pictures or reviews of this product. My main concern is the stand. I need a cover that has a stand that I do not have to take on and off. With the griffin survivor ipad case the stand fits snuggly into the grooves of the case and stays there.

But with the latitude 10, does the stand stay on and also does it block the windows button?

If the stand does stay on, does it get in the way when the tablet is laying down flat or are the 4 rubber corners thicker so it sits sturdily.

Thank in advance!

5. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Has anyone actually tried using the Survivor Case outside? It's clearly intended to stretch the functionality of the device into "rugged" territory- water-resistant, dust-resistant, droppable from something like 4', etc. I've long been curious about how viewable it outside with the Survivor's integrated screen protector in place. My memory is its glossy?? Thought it might be anti-glare in some way.

Would be great to hear from someone that is trying to use the Latitude 10 with the Survivor Case in this way. I've long thought a case ought to do what innate rugged build quality doesn't provide, but there's not as much of an industry for tablet cases the way there is for phone cases. So, currently, it seems like its the Survivor Case on the the Latitude 10 or the Lenovo Thinkpad 2, or bust.

6. Redna

Redna Pen Pal - Newbie

7. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If they release the exact same machine with a Quad atom, which means that the dock would remain the same, I'd be in heaven. As it stands I've owned this longer than any other tablet :)

8. Bodycount

Bodycount Pen Pal - Newbie

I'd be happy if the Atom was 64 bit compatible. The current one is 32 bit only.

9. Nachocheese1022

Nachocheese1022 Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone have directions on how to removed the keyboard locks on an XPS 10 keyboard so I can it with the Latitude 10?

10. Nachocheese1022

Nachocheese1022 Pen Pal - Newbie

Will you tell me how you removed the latches on the XPS 10 keyboard?

Thanks.