Dell Latitude 10

Discussion in 'Dell' started by excalibur1814, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. needspractice

needspractice Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi!

Thank you guys this case is absolutely amazing for the larger 6 Cell battery! The only question I have is what did you guys do with the memory card block on top? Did you but it at the top slightly or do you just pull out the Tablet when you need to place a new card in it? Other than that it is amazing and I love it!

Amazon.com: Manvex Slim and Compact Leather Folio Case Cover for the Microsoft Surface PRO Tablet with Windows 8 | Built-in Stand with Multiple Viewing Angles with Stylus Holder - Also compatible with the Type Cover and Touch Cover from Microsoft (Ke

Best,
    Needspractice

2. pappyxmas

pappyxmas Pen Pal - Newbie

The Griffin Survivor has a rubber flap over the SD card slot that you can open and change the card without having to remove the tablet from the case.

3. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

The case sounds awesome, though I have to say that your 1" description was a real bummer of a letdown. That's thick! You said it was just the corners? My experience is that thickness of the device matters when inking. I've never really gotten in the habit of using my x200t for inking (just drawing), because it's so dang thick when I lay it down on the table.

I'm also concerned/curious about the responses I've read to the new Win8 Wacom driver, and how it's got some sort of bug that relates to sleep/hibernate mode on the Latitude 10. That's a pretty big deal, and Wacom is one of the primary reasons I'd get it.

4. needspractice

needspractice Pen Pal - Newbie

Griffin Survivor is way to bulky and thick. I was wanting a slick cover with different viewing angels.

5. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Oh, I know it's bulky-- I just need real outdoor protection. That's why it seemed interesting to me, and why I was asking questions. I could that if your kids weren't playing with the device, or you weren't using it truly outdoors, you'd not need anything like the Griffin. But for various usage cases, I could see it's value. Even so, 1" thick is ... well, pretty thick.

6. ninguno

ninguno Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, i bought the dell stylus for the latitude 10, and it came with a metallic ring. Anyone knows the purpose of this ring?

Thanks in advance!

7. iamaven

iamaven Pen Pal - Newbie

Pulling out and replacing the nibs

8. itworks

itworks Pen Pal - Newbie

I know Steve, I feel like I'm the only one doing this, and it did not make any sense to me why in the world would dell do this (no mobile dock on a business tablet) specially since they (xps and Lat) share the same connectors and basically the same chassis. If anyone wants to do this, Don't be afraid to open the dock its pretty simple, if you ever opened a laptop there will be no issues removing the latches. Its all about just removing the screws that compose the latching mechanism, removing it and putting it back together.

I feel like now I have a tablet that can hold me until surface 2 (Haswell) comes along.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Kinda' gives you some insight as to why the company's up for grabs. No? The latitude 10 with the clamshell base, added to such features as the replaceable battery, really make it a contender.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  10. ElAguila

ElAguila Scribbler - Standard Member

Great to hear about the dock. Can you post some pictures or instructions of exactly what needs to be removed as far as the latching mechanism? Or is it that obvious when you first look at it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.