Dell Latitude 10

Discussion in 'Dell' started by excalibur1814, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nait

Nait Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi ninguno,

Select Tech Specs tab and see to table with header "Ports, Slots & Chassis":
    Latitude 10 Windows 8 Tablet Details
    Latitude 10 essentials
    configuration -
    Passive stylus support - has only essentials
    configuration.
    It has 10 Finger Touch.

Configurations with active digitizer have 5 Finger Touch screens:
    Latitude 10 Windows Tablet Details | Dell

You can check the type of screen in Control Panel :
    Control Panel, System -> Pen And Touch: ......

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  2. adneo

adneo Pen Pal - Newbie

hi all,
    posting from my latitude 10.have been on a marathon with for the last 6hrs.
    Weird point on my device are follows:

1. No sound from speakers right out of the box.only headphones are talking.
    2. Observed minor light bleed above the windows button and on the right hand side corner with tablet seating upright, charging port facing down.

any inputs, comments on the above are welcome.

3. ninguno

ninguno Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Nait.

I didn't find the that in control panel.

Talking with dell support, noboy manage to answer me if I have an active or passive one, they say that in the public tech sheet says active, but in their internal tech specs of my system says a passive one.

And then they told me that I should buy the pen that has this part number V86GG (Dell Wacom Active Stylus for Latitude XT3 and Latitude ST : Tablets & Mobile Accessories | Dell)
    But when reading at the specs not only the title says xt3 or ST, but all the reviews telling it would not work with latitude 10.

I also read some posts here telling that this pen would not work with the latitude, but if you see this post http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/dell/52894-dell-latitude-10-a-57.html#post309764 and the pictures that iamaven post in his flickr, it has that V86GG part number!

And also the picture from Nait here http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/dell/52894-dell-latitude-10-a-57.html#post309801, has that V86GG part.

Shouldn't this be the right pen if I have an active stylus?
    Dell Stylus for Latitude 10 : Laptop Accessories | Dell

It's really strange, hope someone could help me to discover if the system has an active or passive screen, and the right pen to buy for it.

Thanks in advance!

4. sinned

sinned Pen Pal - Newbie

which latitude 10 are we talking about?

Both my XT3 and the ST with the Atom Z670 and GMA600 are NTrig. Same exact pen.

it is not clear what version you are referring too. and since you seem to be non-US, it's hard for us to know local flavors.

if its an ST2 with an atom Z2670 with windows 8, then it's the wacom. Z2670 , 5 point multi touch and active.

5. Nait

Nait Scribbler - Standard Member

You will have a lot of issues if you are not able to find System in Control Panel.

Run Control Panel, Select in upper list box View by : Small icons.
    Then Select System and check Advanced system settings.

If you see it( 5 Touch Points) - your tablet has Active Digitizer:
    System ->
    Pen and Touch: Pen and Full Windows Touch Support with 5 Touch Points.

My Active Pen, in order it was with Item Number - 332-0102 Stylus for Latitude 10:
    Pen_0V86GG.jpg

6. sinned

sinned Pen Pal - Newbie

active digitizer is a misnomer. both the ntrig and wacom are considered active digitizers.

the guy asking HAS to clarify what model tablet he has to get the best help. out at least which CPU or graphics cards the unit has would be easier.

7. ninguno

ninguno Pen Pal - Newbie

Trylly sorry sinned, clearly my mistake not pointing out I was talking about the ST2 (model with Z2670). I don't know why i thought this thread was about the ST2 and not the older ST. Maybe that's why i'm rather confused about the pictures I saw here.

By the way I'm not right now in the US, but I live (and will) bought the latitude 10 there. As I said some post before, this problem arise because I have the chance to buy one of these from a collegue that lives in the other coast, and i need to be trully sure if his system has an active digitizer screen before buying.

As none of the dell support people I have contact so far manage to tell me if I have an active or passive one, the problem remains. Do I need to post this somewhere else?

Thanks in advance!!!

8. ninguno

ninguno Pen Pal - Newbie

Nait, thanks again, do you know which is the expected legend in case the latitude 10 ST2 doesn't have an active digitzer (that would be the case in the essential model line)?

9. tnatna

tnatna Pen Pal - Newbie

posted in the other thread but realized this is the more active thread.

yeah i got the latitude 10 and serious if this is wacom enabled, it is by far and away the worst implementation of it ever. even n-trig feels like butter compared to this. the amount of pressure i need to put is much more than by finger touch which is so unusual.

10. tnatna

tnatna Pen Pal - Newbie

Comparing my latitude 10 with lenovo tablet 2,
    I can't really find any area where the lat 10 is better but for now I am just sticking with lat 10 as mine has a wwan slot! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.