Dell Latitude 10

Discussion in 'Dell' started by excalibur1814, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamaven

iamaven Pen Pal - Newbie

I had that issue, but I have the adaptive brightness enabled and assumed it was due to light reflecting off my clothes. I have not noticed it for quite some time but I did change a lot of setting over the past couple of months

2. the_mister

the_mister Pen Pal - Newbie

I am loving my Latitude 10 except for one thing... Camera.... the pictures are all dark and grainy under room light.. either camera is not powerful enough or the camera app does not have enough settings. can anyone recommend any other good camera app? But as 8MP, this is not upto the mark.... same with front camera...

3. Trogunn

Trogunn Pen Pal - Newbie

Got the L10 ST2. Happy with it so far. I've got two issues -

1) The standard battery came completely drained and on charging wouldn't get to 100%. Stops at 94-97% and then gives the blinking lights with "Temporary Battery Failure" message. Might have to get a replacement batt.
    2) No Connection Manager for the WWAN card. It'll be great to send or receive SMS from the card, largely to determine data usage on my data plan. Does anyone know a good generic 3G Connection Manager that works for 5565 WWAN card? Maybe from a non-Dell tablet/notebook using same Ericsson card. Not sure, but I think the 5565 could be actually the Ericsson H5321gw - 3G/GPS/HSPA+ Mini PCI Express Card. --> Ericsson H5321gw - 3G/GPS/HSPA+ Mini PCI Express Card - 21Mbps.

4. the_mister

the_mister Pen Pal - Newbie

by the way.. made a lock screen for latitude 10... not my A+ work with photoshop, will try better one in my spare time... but feel free to use it if anyone of you like... :) MYWALLPAPER11.jpg

5. aryer

aryer Pen Pal - Newbie

I have exactly the same issue. And it isn't depending of settings like "Adjust my screen brightness automatically :ON" or "Adjust my screen brightness automatically: OFF". I also tried to update Bios and Drivers, but it doesn't make difference.
    Now I don't know if it's a hardware or software issue.

Please let me know, if somebody with same issue has found a solution for this problem.

6. ninguno

ninguno Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi mates, i'm really interested in this tablet and I'm between this and the lenovo thinkpad 2. Anyone has any recommendation?

Have you found a keyboard dock solution for this tablet? First I looked for the Lenovo Thinkpad 2 but it's docking solution doesn't have any latch and I'm a little worried cause I need to use it on travel. But now I see Dell don't have any keyboard dock solution for the ST2!

7. ninguno

ninguno Pen Pal - Newbie

By the way, could you tell me which model of wacom pen is delivered with this tablet? Does it has an eraser? Do you recommend buying the pen on my own.

8. Rommie2k6

Rommie2k6 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi, has anyone tried doing a clean installation of the Windows 8 OS? Are there any drivers issues like Samsung tablets?

9. ninguno

ninguno Pen Pal - Newbie

Mates, I need some kind of help.

A friend from the other side of the country is selling a lattiude 10. His system has a replaceable battery and hdmi support, but don't know if has an active stylus screen or a passive one, he doesn't buy it with the a pen.

I suppose it was an active one beacause if it seems in the dell webpage (Latitude 10 Windows 8 Tablet Details) that the "active stylus-hdmi-replaceable battery" is a combo. But checking with dell support and the service tag, they told me that it has a "Digitizer for passive Pen navigation and annotation. Only Passive pen."

Is there any way to check if it's really a passive or an active one? Maybe I can ask him to check something in the windows device manager?

Here are the full specs I got from the dell webpage using the service tag

specs.jpg

Thanks in advance!

10. Nait

Nait Scribbler - Standard Member

Russian forum about LT10, user sykt has created bootable flash drive for LT10(i've checked it - works fine):

For creating bootable win8 flash drive(for backup, tests, ....)
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28051674/WinPEDellUSB.rar
    Dell Latitude 10 - 4PDA

Google translate:
    http://translate.googleusercontent....Jrhjag8GvbweeNrlqtjwa5hLETLdJ4A#entry20363344

1. Download WinPEDellUSB.rar, put it in separate DIR and un-rar
    2. Take the clean flash memory stick and enter it in your PC. Remember the letter of flash drive. Let us it will be X:
    3. Run CMD.
    4. In the command line type "MakeUSB X:" where Х: - letter of our flash-disk.
    5. Script will format disk and copy data.
    6. Win8 bootable flash-disk for Latitude 10 is ready after appear "Success" text.

You need to select that flash drive in LT10 BIOS before booting.

For Clean win8(Russian version - think it's possible to change) installation:

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=422747&st=100#entry20370852
    http://translate.google.ru/translat...dex.php?showtopic=422747&st=100#entry20370852

Dell Latitude 10 - 4PDA
    http://translate.google.ru/translat...ndex.php?showtopic=422747&st=80#entry19836773

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.