Dell Latitude 10

Discussion in 'Dell' started by excalibur1814, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rommie2k6

Rommie2k6 Scribbler - Standard Member

I think you are basically reiterating my point. If it takes a second to render, that is a noticeable lag. Good performance means that one can scroll through the pages at a reasonable fast speed, without any noticeable lag. If it stutters for 1 second when you scroll between pages, that is lag.

On a Q550? Please, I have used the Latitude ST before, and it was unusable. Pages takes 4-5 seconds to load. Care you back up your claim with any proof?

All the videos I have seen on OneNote on Clovertrail Atom are extremely simple tests, where the user writes a few words or scrolls at an extremely slow pace. I have yet to see any proof that Atom tablets provide fluid response in OneNote for more complicated texts/figures, and as any long time OneNote user should know OneNote is CPU intensive. Again, I am not surprised that Clovertrail Atom falters in OneNote, but to have people claiming otherwise is totally misleading.

To standardize what I am saying, I have googled for a paper, this link is free to download:
    http://www.hubrecht.eu/research/vanoudenaarden/publications/MC2012.pdf

Go print that to OneNote, wait for it to load, and start scrolling. See if there is any stutter/lag when scrolling between pages. There will be. Now repeat the same thing on a Core i desktop and see the difference for yourself. If there is really no difference, then I am really interested as to how you achieve that.

2. AlunReynolds

AlunReynolds Scribbler - Standard Member

How do I do that?

3. kt32

kt32 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've got my Latitude 10 with WWAN. I put a T-Mobile mobile broadband micro-SIM card in it and was able to connect. Of course, I'm only connected to their EDGE network.

On that note, does anyone know what frequencies the WWAN supports? I'm sure that'll help people who travel.

4. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Go to the tab labled UserCP. On the left under My Account click on Edit Ignore List. Add whatever ID you want in there and save.

5. AlunReynolds

Thanks for this. Very handy in some circumstances.

6. Nait

Nait Scribbler - Standard Member

--has no sound
    Any news?

Mine also loses the sound.
    It exists in headphones and via HDMI connection to TV(sound on TV ) , but tablet's speakers is silent, more specifically left speaker has about 3% of usual volume and right is quiet at all.

7. AlunReynolds

I had this problem when I first got the machine in December 12. Someone advised me to stop hardware acceleration on the audio, which I did, and I have made sure all my drivers are up to date. So far, fingers crossed, I have had no problem since January.

8. Nait

Nait Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm afraid I was tnat someone who advised to stop hardware acceleration. :)
    But, as I remember you had sound(speakers) after reboot - my tablet hasn't.
    In any case - had you got the sound in headphones during issues?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  9. AlunReynolds

I am sorry, but I didn't check at the time whether there was any sound on headphone. When I did have the problem it could be cured temporarily by switching off, removing the battery, replacing it then switching on. It has completely gone now.

10. moviejimmy

moviejimmy Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine comes with the 5565 card and it supports 3G frequencies in most Asia and Europe areas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.