Dell Latitude 10

Discussion in 'Dell' started by excalibur1814, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nick_white

nick_white Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you mean it creaks (makes that plastic sound)?

2. Junaustria

Junaustria Pen Pal - Newbie

I received my expensive Wacom bamboo feel carbon. I must say. Performance is a slight improvements from Samsung stylus. Calibration is straight forward. But result is just flaky. Using the free note and Sketchbook. It just doesn't give me that natural feel in writing and sketching. Should I have this tablet replace?

3. mios2

mios2 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, sorry for the spelling

4. Trogunn

Trogunn Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know if the Dell Wireless 5565 mobile broadband card for AT&T (HSPA+) on the mobile versions of the L10 is SIM-locked? I plan to buy the tablet for use outside the US.

5. Rommie2k6

Rommie2k6 Scribbler - Standard Member

All Atom slates have the same hardware. ATIV 500T, Dell Latitude 10, Thinkpad TPT2, performance will all be similar. A 1.8GHz Atom is as slow as the other 1.8GHz Atom over there.

N-trig is another issue. I bought both the Q702 and Samsung ATIV 500T to test it out. Neither met my expectations. Both are going to be returned.

6. Rommie2k6

Rommie2k6 Scribbler - Standard Member

This has nothing to do with buyers regret. Btw, my "research" here and on the other subforums shows that people are pretty satisfied with the Atom's performance, which I suspect was skewed by people who don't really use OneNote to the fullest. This is why I am posting here, to warn people that Atom does not cut it for OneNote.

OneNote is inherently CPU intensive. Atom is barely passable for OneNote, and definitely not worth paying $600 for. I will wait for prices to drop to more reasonable levels before jumping back into the game.

7. VLN

VLN Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi every one. I just got this tablet for a week. Now, I find out there are two subtle yellowish stains on the 10.1" screen, BLENDING into the right & left lower corner. The right corner is a little worse. Those areas are about 2"x2", obviously more yellowish. The middle area of screen is obviously brighter & whiter. Did any one experience similar problem ? What should I do ? Return it ? Should I ask Dell to repair it vs. to replace a whole new device ??

. Another question. I compare this device with Asus Smart tablet side by side. Dell Latitude 10 screen backlit is little more reddish in comparison. Is it a common thing & not a problem? I went to Control panel, to the Calibration. But, Dell does not have full function to calibrate the color or sharpness. Is it correct or do I miss finding it ??

Please help, especially the yellowish stain issue. Thanks.

8. AlunReynolds

AlunReynolds Scribbler - Standard Member

I use OneNote (2013) all day, every working day. Yes pages with inserted text in them will take a few seconds to render, the first time you open them. But once opened the first time, they render within a second thereafter. I have just printed a 22 page pdf to OneNote for a meeting. It worked fine. With regards to inking, I had a bit of a problem at first because the glass seemed a little too slippery. However with use I have found that reduces. I think it is as the tip wears or it might be I have got used to it.

So, I am not sure that anyone needs 'warning'. Most of us will make our choice on both price and performance terms bearing in mind what we need to slate for. For my money this slate is a massive step forward from my two previous ones in terms of functionality to weight ratio (iPad and ASUS ep121).

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  9. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

I use OneNote every day for very complex text and graphic notes. I likely have nearly 100 notebooks containing several hundred folders and subpages. I do all that with my single-core Atom Q550 without any issues.

A word to the wise; Rommie2k6 likes to stir up trouble and wants to argue about everything. I believe he/she would fit the definition of an 'instigator' perfectly and likes to target anything with an Atom, especially performance and cost, but also loves to trash talk just about anything including i3/i5/i7 machines. Do a search and read all his/her posts for yourself as you do not have to take my word for it. The best option is to just ignore him/her by blocking all posts...my experience on this forum improved significantly after I took that action...it just isn't worth getting involved.

10. AlunReynolds

AlunReynolds Scribbler - Standard Member

The ASUS ep121 had a problem with the corners of the screen glass easing away from the body and the result was a kind of slight yellow tinge in the corners of the display. Mine did it after about 18 months. It had no effect on the image or useability of the slate but was a little unsightly. It turned out that the corners of the screen were de-bonding (like when autoglass remove your windscreen). I haven't seen the same on the Dell. But then I have only had it since December. The ASUS was all made of plastic and a bit more flexi than the Dell.

You might want to raise a service call on it. They may conclude that the screen is de-bonding and give you a replacement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.