Dell Latitude 10

Discussion in 'Dell' started by excalibur1814, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wagtenor

wagtenor Pen Pal - Newbie

Mini-USB charges typically have much lower output specs (voltage and current). The normal charger may have much higher output and thus a faster charge rate. What is the output of the mini-USB charger you used? I'm sure mini-USB is not the ideal regular charger for these devices. Most have unreasonably low outputs.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

2. kt32

kt32 Pen Pal - Newbie

A person here: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/mobile-devices/f/4586/t/19490528.aspx is saying that the Latitude 10 only draws 2.5 W (5 V @ 0.5 A) even if the charger is capable of providing more current.

Has anybody contacted Dell about what it officially supposed to draw? Their pre-sales support say they have no idea.

I wonder why would Dell limit micro-USB charging to 2.5 W when USB can officially provide 7.5 W for dedicated charging ports?

3. adneo

adneo Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    I am planning to buy this tablet as my mobility work horse.
    A few days back when i checked with the user they reported that it was able to handle 1080p videos without any issues.

So when you say you are unable to play them is it some content with very high bitrates or normal stuff as well?

I really need to make the right choice this time as i had a hell of an experience with the Samsung Note 10.1.

Thanks

4. peter32

peter32 Pen Pal - Newbie

I will try to test by transferring a big file for playback before I answer you in further details. I do play (through home network) various video files, ranging from higher than usual 1080p HD videos, to just DVD ripped videos. The bottleneck will be my home network system it seems. So far, due to time constraint, I haven't actually do details comparison by connecting pure gigabit cable to the Latitude 10 to test its video playback capability.

I will do that once I have the time. Or you may pm me for further details too.

5. adneo

adneo Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks peter32.

I will wait for your updates.

PS: Can tell me how do i pm you because i could not see a pm link in your profile here.Am a newbie here.

Thanks

6. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just curious if anyone has tested the chargers. I know the Lenovo TPT2 also charges VERY slowly thru the micro usb port, but conversely the Asus vivotab smart charges very quickly thru the micro usb port, and this is with leaving it on and using it while charging.

7. Junaustria

Junaustria Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the Microsoft wedge Bluetooth mouse and it works perfectly on my Precision Laptop. But on the Latitude, the movement is a sticky motion. Its just frustrating. So I guess this has to do with the Bluetooth signal from the tablet. Anybody has same experience?

8. iamaven

iamaven Pen Pal - Newbie

I think anyone posting they cannot play high def movies needs to provide more specifics. I have had no issues streaming very high bit rate videos over my network both inside metro and through vlc.

As for youtube, I run into the same buffering issue I get on any machine, but they play fine.

9. wagtenor

I have both the Microsoft wedge keyboard and mouse, both work great with my Latitude 10. Did you install the MS wedge application from Microsoft? The application allows you to configure the mouse parameters.
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/downloads/mouse-keyboard-center

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  10. wagtenor

Looks like Dell has limited the charge rate from micro-USB either by hardware or software design. Either way it is a bummer. But I charge using the provided AC adapter so no problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.