Dell Inspiron 15 7568 question

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by doobiedoobiedum, Oct 31, 2017.

1. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi, can anyone who has one of these machines tell me if this is the fabled WACOM penabled 15 inch tablets I've heard about?

Link to UK shop - here.

PC itself

[​IMG]

I'm asking because this price is a bit of a unicorn in the UK. US prices are pretty good but actually having the same machines and prices you guys get at reasonable prices is amazing.

According to the shop - £575 which is around $763

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  2. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The listed battery seems bigger than on my US 7568 but everything else looks correct.

3. doobiedoobiedum

Something has to be wrong... it can't cost the exact same price as in the US.!

Going to contact the company. I believe this computer is about 2-3 years old?

4. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's still fairly new; it only came out last year.

Here's the thread:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/dell-inspiron-15-7000-15-6-wacom-aes.69641/

I got mine for $450 USD when it first started shipping, -it was some kind of introductory deal which a few eBay sellers capitalized on by bulk-buying or something. There were dozens available in that price range at the time. Me and Shogmaster and a few others picked up units during that window. Surfaceproartist offered me his at the same sale price he'd paid after I broke mine. I didn't take him up on his generous offer, so maybe he'd still float that deal for you..?

In any case, Dell makes high-quality, affordable and user-serviceable machines. I'm not surprised at the UK price point.

As a side note: Unfortunately, I got one with a weird persistent issue where the pen was auto-disabled in tablet mode; I was never able to sort it out. Otherwise, I got some good work done on it. For the money, it's a satisfying drawing machine, but bear in mind, it's not EMR.

Lazy Nezumi is helpful in compensating for Wacom's imperfect AES digitizer.

doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  5. doobiedoobiedum

Going to do some more research. I have a friend who can pick up one of the big Samsung Note Pro tablets next year in the US for me for a couple of hundred pounds more (at current prices)

Frustrating that some of the best tech never makes it across here.

6. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I hear that! -It's not available in Canada either. I had to import through a private channel and was then nailed for doing so with ridiculously steep import duties. That's both corporate and government powers trying to prevent me from, -and then punish me for- a simple laptop purchase.

Best Buy's small print makes you feel like a damned criminal. When a regular person has to waste time evading Kafkaesque rules in order to do something you'd think was both normal and harmless, you know the world is pretty screwed up.

Thankfully for you.., given the pound-to-dollar buying power, having a private source in the U.S. ought to make it quite affordable.

The Samsung Notebook 9 Pro is a stand-out machine for us art monkeys.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    doobiedoobiedum likes this.