Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 - 15.6" Wacom AES!

Discussion in 'Dell' started by thatcomicsguy, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Heh. I'm maxed out at 2 GB.

-Which is fine for my regular stream-lined process, but for colour jobs it can drag, and anything over a about 10,000 square pixels with (gasp!) layers, and suddenly it's like living in the 90's again.

Remember that? Having to strategically break artwork down into pieces so you don't crash Window XP? That's the life I chose rather than put up with 12" screens.

My desktop/Cintiq unit has 8 GB and it's night and day compared to my out of the studio machine. Thing is, I'm a TPC poster boy. I easily do half of my work away from home.

I'm seriously looking forward to this Dell showing up!

2. thatcomicsguy

Also..,

I think I might just pick up one of these...

http://www.ncix.com/detail/kingston-ssdnow-v300-240gb-2-5-bd-80209-1834.htm

But I want to wait to see if the Dell even works.

That Lenovo pen shipped yesterday, and will probably arrive first. If it doesn't feel right, I'm probably going to get the Japanese to send me one of those Wacom branded 2-in-1 pens.

That would be sweet!

3. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

blackcat likes this.
  4. thatcomicsguy

Canadian dollars.

Imagine living in an alternate reality where everything costs more, like the nation's cash supply is solar powered, or something. We just get less per square meter.

But the maple syrup, they tell us, makes up for it.

That's a lot of syrup, I say, but nobody's going to elect me.

Funny story: My Sandisk USB stick got lost today. One of those "Extreme" ones. I love that thing! It comes with its own control chip, so it's fast and reliable like an SSD. I ordered another one, and while I was at it, picked up a Kingston as well.

In Canadian bucks.

That Dell better work!

5. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Those Kingston SSDs are infamous for a mid-production NAND switch. I wouldn't chance it, low price be damned.

Now, if it were something from Crucial, Intel, or maybe Samsung (as long as it's NOT the 840 EVO, steer clear of those!), I'd probably spring for 'em. Got a M500 and an 850 EVO still going strong, both initially bought for tablet PC use.

Incidentally, if I found out about this Inspiron model sooner, I probably would've given Wacom AES a chance if I could source a good pen. But I think I'm done with tablet PCs crippled with Intel graphics after what I just got...

6. Shogmaster

Another one! Seems like there are more Canadians then 'Mercans in this forum. ;)

7. Shogmaster

My 7568 arrived! It's so HUGE in my living room, lol. Makes my BB460 look like a 12" tablet. :D

And yes, it's Core i7 6500U, and it does have the 1080p Wacom AES screen!

Stoked!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  8. thatcomicsguy

Ooooh. Mine just left the Kentucky global distribution center for "international destination"

Up-to-the-minute package tracking is like watching a turtle race. -Where you have hundreds of dollars bet on your guy. That refresh button would have the letters worn off it if it weren't a digital icon.

:)

Shogmaster likes this.
  9. byviolet

byviolet Pen Pal - Newbie

where did you get it? I'm in canada too and I'm thinking about getting this.

10. thatcomicsguy

eBay is the Friend of Canadians...

This is from a different seller, but the same basic deal as the one I ordered...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DELL-IN...987736?hash=item2368ac7418:g:iUsAAOSwRH5XK3WZ

In a week or two the reviews from forum members, (me included!) ought to start trickling in, and people will know whether these things are worth the hype.

I had to buy the pen separately. I picked up a Lenovo AES stylus which ought to work, but the Dell Active Pen looks pretty good, too.