Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 - 15.6" Wacom AES!

Discussion in 'Dell' started by thatcomicsguy, Apr 30, 2016.

1. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for your encouragement, unluckily almost all 7568 sellers in my area responses positively with the above captured Screen shot :(

2. okieiam

It seems as Wacom release some decent passive pen but I don't have access to them in my area. My only experience with capacitive pen is about Adonit Jot Pro. You should have a try with it before buying. It costs around 40$

3. Spyder_Man

Spyder_Man Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

Need some help in figuring out what pen is appropriate for the system I bought. I just got the new Dell Inspiron 13 2 in 1 that is advertised to have pen support.

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/cty/pdp/spd/inspiron-13-7373-2-in-1-laptop?~ck=mn

The pen they advertise as being compatible:

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-active-pen-pn338m/apd/750-aavj/handhelds-tablet-pcs

All reviews on the page basically point out that the pen is not compatible with the new Inspiron line or that it does not work at all! So a bit confused.

Went into Device Manager as per suggestions and only able to see "HID Compliant Pen" and "Microsoft Input Configuration Device" and "HID Compliant Mouse".

So does that mean Wacom AES is not compatible with my device? And it's only MPP? Is there an easy way to find out what is compatible with my touch screen? I was looking at the Wacom Bamboo Ink as a possibility but wanted to see what others with a lot more experience think!

okieiam likes this.
  4. okieiam

I guess it is N-trig
    It is a good news that more and more ordinary devices with digitizer panel got released

5. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

6. okieiam

Some thing from MS hints us N-trig.
    In this case I think we have to do a little extra homework.
    Even though manufacture's document is always a reliable source. Some time this lack, under cover, or even lists incorrect information.
    Remember how people discovered ThinkPad 11e would work with a digitizer?
    I suspect if so may 6th gen Inspiron devices support digital pen. While
    this compatibility list is available only in Dell, nowhere else.
    If you look at the review part, only 1/20 confirms it works.
    You very easy solution is to drop by a Surface store every where and let you check if Surface Pen works on your device.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  7. Spyder_Man

Spyder_Man Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks okiejam and thatcomicsguy. It's for a family member and I have a surface so I can test it out when I see them next. It's very confusing advertisement and it doesn't seem that Dell will be much help either!

Ill update once I figure out what works. Hopefully it'll help the next person looking for a stylus for these laptops.

okieiam, Shizaru and thatcomicsguy like this.