Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 - 15.6" Wacom AES!

Discussion in 'Dell' started by thatcomicsguy, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rirawin

rirawin Scribbler - Standard Member

problem importing is the warranty would not be valid?.

2. Tea and crumpets

Tea and crumpets Scribbler - Standard Member

I haven't read the T&C but I assume that's the case. It put me off buying the ThinkPad Yoga 460, especially since it had light bleed issues. I'm not so worried with this one but it's still a concern.

3. rirawin

rirawin Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah I had issues with Dell before, the problems were minor but require the laptop to be sent back and frankly the service was a bit rubbish compared to Lenovo who are awesome.

4. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

5. thatcomicsguy

Damn. I'm missing my Tecra. Slow line jitter with AES is something you can learn around with the right software, and you can definitely get the lines you want, but it was more intuitive with EMR.

Sigh. I've quickly become a fan of the touch screen and I love the weight and profile and image quality of this Dell.., (how did I manage before?), but if AES or something similar manages to offer high fidelity when drawing at slow speeds, I'll be paying close attention!

We're not entirely there yet, folks.

Which, I suppose, means at least I have a legit excuse to keep up with this site. :)

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  6. Burgundy

Burgundy Scribbler - Standard Member

@thatcomicsguy What you probably are seeking here for a quick fix of slow line jitter, is Lazy Nezumi pro, have it turned off, while you sketch and free draw, turn it on, when you need very to do slow lineart/inking. You can also make certain changes, so you have it at light correction(stabilizer), to heavy correction, like CSP/Sai ect.

Ironically I don't use it much, and mostly have it turned off, and I always use PS CC, on my desktop, which is like AES/Ntrig. I simply don't like the slight delay, which is often created by using it, although there is only slight delay, when utilizing specific correction options ect. just like Manga Studio 5/CSP, when using high stabilizer and post line correction ect.

LNP also has other features, like perspective grid options, and lots of other crazy stuff.

https://lazynezumi.com/home

Oh and you can customize your own pressure curves with this BTW.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  7. thatcomicsguy

Wow. Lazy Nezumi has come a long way since I first saw it as a ruddy little bit of DIY code. I've never needed it before; EMR got it 90% right on the hardware side and brush smoothing algorithms in drawing programs polished off any remaining rough edges.

But for the Dell...

I just bought a license. $7 off today, too.

The "String Pull" method does the trick nicely for those spots where it's needed. That'll make life easier. For the most part though, I seem to be able to manage without this dippy hack. I wonder if, like you, I'll actually bother using it..?

Time will tell!

Anyway, thanks for the heads up!

blackcat and surfaceproartist like this.
  8. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I should try LNP on my TP14. I do some detail work with the pen for landscape design work, and the "wiggles" are noticeable when so much else is perfectly straight or curved.

blackcat and surfaceproartist like this.
  9. thatcomicsguy

Their 30 day free trial convinced me in only 30 minutes. -A slick tool for the price, and the author has been dedicated for years in developing it to such a level for our weird artist market. That alone is deserving of $28, I figure.

I'd pay more for hardware which works exactly the way I want, of course, but I've been saying that since the beginning. :)

blackcat likes this.
  10. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

If you use Photoshop, even if you don't use line stabilization you will love Lazi Nezumi for all the other things it can do. If you ever need a way to draw straight lines for instance! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.